For Peter, Paul & Mary Fans

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I felt it would be worth mentioning that after the sad passing of Mary Travers a few years ago now, another album has since been released in 2010 as a dedication to Mary which I felt would be worth mentioning.

Peter Paul & Mary With Symphony Orchestra: The Prague Sessions is a great album to have if you love PP&M which features some of their regular hits with some of their lesser known songs but all nicely reworked to incorporate the Symphony Orchestra into their compositions.

Here's the Tracks:

1. Weave me The Sunshine
2. It's Magic
3. Some Walls
4. Don't Laugh At Me
5. The Kid
6. Leaving On A Jet Plane
7. Light One Candle
8. Jesus On The Wire
9. Day Is Done
10. Puff, The Magic Dragon
11. Greenland Whale Fisheries
12. Where Have All The Flowers Gone
13. Blowin' In The Wind
14. This Land Is Your Land
15. Adagio For Strings <- Apparantely Mary requested this to be played at her memorial gathering, and was included here.

Personally I was moved when I first heard this album cause they sound so passionate, even if they don't sound like what they did in the 60s, you have to appreciate their will to perform and I guess their message to everyone is you don't have to sound so cool to be able to sing folk songs! But I must confess that I was tear jerked when I heard Puff, The Magic Dragon on this album cause the Symphony orchestra add a whole new level to the song. Blowin' In The Wind sends the shivers down my spine as well, along with a number of their other songs! :)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
My parents listened to a popular hits compilation 8-track when we were on the road so there are probably ten of their songs that are part of my music dna.
There are a few artists which I have not listened to any of their studio albums but I am very satisfied when listening to a “greatest hits” album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online