Food Brain

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Don't know much about this band but here is what I found out so far...if someone else has done a thread I apologise :)

Food Brain was named by Shinki Chen, a charismatic Japanese guitarist and is known as a novel rock project by Polydor Japan (according to rumour the project was originally to be named Brain Food - but Shinki made a mistake).

Ikuzo Orita, a director of Polydor, had pictured some projects of Japanese progressive rock in his mind. To realize one of them, he persuaded Shinki to be the front man, and gathered some renowned Japanese musicians, Hiro Tsunoda (drums & percussion), Hiro Yanagida (keyboard & organ), Masayoshi Kabe (bass) around him.

As this was in the early 70's and the dawn of Japanese rock, a topic that can't be overlooked is the DRUG culture...The group with these four talented men, some serious session musicians and others junkie travelers, they might be lacking in unity but they had no problem in dropping a breaking Japanese pop / dream bomb. Their only one piece Bansan was the sunrise of Japanese psychedelic rock and paved way for the younger generation.

Sadly their remarkable flexibility and technique couoldn't prevent the project from breaking up after the short blooming period, in spite of Ikuzo's dream.

Here are a couple of real classics, belters if you will or Gem's...:)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Food brain ? What a bizarre name for a band...hmm Brain food makes more sense :heheh:. I cant say Ive ever heard of them....Japanese...1970....but wait, some great hammond organ going on in a few tracks.
An album for your prog rock conniseurs :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online