Favourite Beatles Drumming?

Bryter Later

Reaction score
Ringos drumming on Tomorrow Never Knows I feel was ahead of its time. It was simple,but unique in its style and time. It certainly makes the listener want to know where the track will take you once you here that famous intro'.

:cheers2 , Bryter.

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
Ringos drumming on Tomorrow Never Knows I feel was ahead of its time. It was simple,but unique in its style and time. It certainly makes the listener want to know where the track will take you once you here that famous intro'.

:cheers2 , Bryter.

I like to quote George Martin in the Anthology DVD, where he said Tommorow Never Knows has "Ringo's very characteristic drumming."

BeatlesFan

Reaction score

"Ringo developed from a straight rock drummer into quite a musical thinker. He was always trying out different ideas." -George Martin on "I Feel Fine", Rolling Stone magazine, The Beatles 100 Greatest Songs issue

"Ringo's very characteristic drumming" -George Martin on "Tommorow Never Knows", Anthology DVD

I bought the Rolling Stone Beatles 100 Greatest Songs issue, and there are plenty of quotes about Ringo, which I will post more here when I have the time. :)

BeatlesFan

Reaction score

"The original song is good, and with John's voice it's better. Then Paul has this idea for this great little riff. And Ringo hears that and does a drum thing that fits in, and that establishes a pattern that John leapt upon and did the "shoot me" part. And then there's George's guitar at the end. The four of them became much, much better than the individual components." -George Martin on "Come Together", Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Beatles Songs issue

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online