Favourite Beatles Drumming?

Mr. T

Reaction score
I'm not going to make any friends with this comment but seriously... Ringo was adequate at best. There is not a single Beatles song I was anxious to hear what Ringo did or terribly impressed with what he did... and I go back to owning the the single of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" in 1962 when it was new. Not saying he was horrible... just saying he certainly can't be considered an innovator.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Simple, but Primal...one of my fave Ringo beats..

The End

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score
I'm not going to make any friends with this comment but seriously... Ringo was adequate at best. There is not a single Beatles song I was anxious to hear what Ringo did or terribly impressed with what he did... and I go back to owning the the single of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" in 1962 when it was new. Not saying he was horrible... just saying he certainly can't be considered an innovator.

I agree completely. Ringo was a very mediocre drummer. Nothing to write home about.

billyshears

Swagger
Reaction score

That's the beauty of Ringo (and you have completely missed it), he is so subtle he is perfect.

Mr. T

Reaction score
That's the beauty of Ringo (and you have completely missed it), he is so subtle he is perfect.

I've heard that argument for over 40 years and you are entitled to your opinion as am I, but subtle simply isn't exciting to me over the expanse of an entire album. :cheers2

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
You pretty much nailed it with those tracks. Those are some of his best. I like Ringo alot, his playing doesnt blow me away but 99% of the time it is absolutely perfect for the song.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online