Favourite Band of the 2000s?

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
I don't care WHAT that record sounds like, I'd buy the LP just for the cover art alone! Heh... :grinthumb

The girl's name is Gill. She was an art student at the University of Johannesburg when her pictures were taken by Sam Haskin's for his book "Five Girls" - which was published in 1962.

Attachments

• Gill-Curl-02.jpg
    Gill-Curl-02.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 82
  • A Gill.jpg
    A Gill.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
nice addition to the thread hepcat, good looking women are always welcome ;)

for me? i gotta go with Animal Collective. not everyone could handle what these guys did musically, but for those that could, well they were blown away by the directions they went with their music

and of course i have to give honorable mentions to the Strokes and LCD Soundsystem

Wanted Dead Or Alive

Messenger Of Music
Reaction score
AVANTASIA

It's a rock/metal project done by German genius Tobias Sammet, it is an opera so it features many vocalist singing their roles, if you like bombastic, over the top approach ala Queen, Journey, X-Japan, Meat Loaf, just in a little heavier style you should check this out!

joe

Reaction score
Porcupine Tree. IMO, the 2000's saw PT move somewhat away from the prog-space/psych sound(BTW, I like) to incorporate heavy prog/prog metal passages and more of a melodic pop/rock sound. The out come is sheer beauty.

Moore_82

Reaction score
Going with Hank Williams III, sure he had a career before the 00's but other then his first album (released in '99) most of his music all got released in then some. Weather it be his grandfather influenced Country, Hardcore-punk drive with Assjack and Arson Anthem, or his traditional doom work with Attention Deficit Domination one can't go wrong plus he puts on a stellar performance..all three hours of one.

Hank III - 5 Shots of Whiskey.

Assjack - Cocaine the White Devil.

Arson Anthem - Insecurity Notoriety.

Attention Deficit Domination - Livin' Beyond Doom.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online