Favorite Guitar Solos Of All Time

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I love this song! It's one of my favorites from Clapton. Nice new sig by the way!

Eric Clapton is my second favourite artist. :D

Thanks, I saw "Shaun The Sheep," months ago in Google pictures. It's a little silly but than so am I. :gig

Metal Health

Reaction score
Pretty much anything from Page will suit me. I love the style of his playing. His solos are magnificent. Just brilliant.

Last edited:

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I find it difficult to pick just one guitar solo but I'll try. David Gilmour is my favourite guitarist but as he's already received a couple of mentions I'll turn to my second favourite, Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits (I must however bring up Gilmour's superb solo on Time).

There was plenty of choice, with Sultans Of Swing, Telegraph Road, Tunnel Of Love and Brothers In Arms all coming close but in the end I decided to go for the solo from the lost classic Single Handed Sailor from Communique. I just love the laid back tone and feel of this solo and not only do I find it very enjoyable to listen to but it fits the nautical theme of the song perfectly. It also reminds me somewhat of Gilmour's excellent solo from Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 from the same year, although this was released first by a few months.

So here is the original studio version:

Single Handed Sailor

(Build up to the solo starts at 2:50, the solo itself starts at 3:08)

Live version at the Dire Straits Rockpalast performance in 1979:

(Build up to the solo starts at 3:07, the solo itself starts at 3:25)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online