Everybody Gets Them But Me!

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Okay which artist or group do you just not get, but everybody else seems to be digging them?

confused.jpg

India_Blue

Geronimo's Gal
Reaction score
Sorry, but I just cannot get into Dave Matthews. His music is mediocre for me. About the only aspect of his music I like is the fact that he used fiddles in his older music. Just can't 'dig him'.

cnbpjb

Reaction score
I just have trouble relating to Nine Inch Nails. Others can relate to them, but I have trouble doing so. Trent Reznor's (lead vocalist) voice sounds like gravel on road, and the whole sound of the band just reminds me of a toothache.

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Before they released their latest album I thought NIN was highly overrated. They really only came out with one good album, but they seem to have a very loyal following. Alot of fans were of the Goth variety, so the image played in their quite a bit.

I have to say that their latest album is really good though. It can be hard to relate to this kind of music though if you aren't into that angry and disconnected sort of mentality.

Rapid Fire

Reaction score
Grateful Dead - tried listening to a couple of albums, jsut nothing nothing there for me. I like a couple of tracks, but I hate and despise "Truckin"

Dave Matthews Band or solo - hate his nasally whine, and I even like listening to Dylan.

Psychedelic Syd

Centurion of Psychedelia
Reaction score
Well, I sort of "get" this artist, but not to the degree others do, and that is Van Morrison... I like him, but I don't here the greatness in his solo work... I like his stuff with Them better...

-

Zombeels

Reaction score
Could never get into:

Pearl Jam
U2
The Smiths
Bruce Springsteen
Ac~DC
Guns n' Roses

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
motley crue.

i mean, i love all sorts of hard bands from the same era... but they've just never done a damn thing for me. the only song they did that caught my ear in a good way was a cover. :D

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
For me it would be the Beach Boys, Prince and Elvis.

I acknowledge they are all very important artists and made great contributions but I'm so not impressed with them it's not funny. I just don't get them and believe me, I've tried.

I figure there's a chance I might one day. I used to not get Queen or The Doors or Oasis but eventually I did.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online