Evanescence (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
...and as far as my comment goes Sooty, keep in mind (cause you know I like them alot)...but they...let's say out of the three mentioned here...Nightwish, Within Temptation and them...they play it the most safe and are the most repetitive.

Not saying that this makes them bad...but they are more pop orientated than the other two...aside from WT's last album of course.

EV's third album they were trying to play to a more European audience and adapting a bit more of that style and mixing it in to what they already do well.

I'm only a moderate fan of Evanescence Metal to tell the truth. I only really liked the first album and thought the followups were fair. It looks like we actually had the same answer to Lynch's question though! :heheh: I would say that genre as a whole is not one I choose to listen to extensively as in general it becomes a little samey after a while. :) The vocals in general in all three bands are a real highlight though! :grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I'm trying to put my finder on what rock/metal subgenre this band should be grouped/categorized under. I saw a site recently that listed them as alt-metal and/or nu-metal.

:wtf:

If I was going to label them, and I'm no expert, I'd mostly categorize them as Symphonic Metal. They seem to have touches of quite a few different metal subgenres within their music, so ... *shrug* Wtf do I know?

Looking for some opinions from the peanut gallery

I remember Evanescence being described as new goths or is it nu-goths? Did America have goths, when we had The Mission, The Cult and All About Eve? These bands dressed in suede pixie boots, but musically, they were pretty good.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
Evanescence has been one of my first favourite bands.
I have bought all of their studio albums... I think that no one of them is perfect... but in each one of them there are some songs that are really amazing.
I think that Fallen and The Open Door are on the same level...
The 3rd album is weak in comparison with the previous ones... I think it is too powerful and, in some way, repetitive... but it containes some great tracks.
I hope they will make a 4th album...

Among my favourite songs by them there are all those that have been named by you. I add these three to the list: Tourniquet, Lacrymosa, Lost in Paradise

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Amy Lee recently shared the news of her new baby and now she seems to be doing some solo stuff.

This a a teaser of an soundtrack she's been working on for this upcoming film called War Story.
Amy Lee - Aftermath

The collection features music from and inspired by the new film ‘War Story.’ Though the trailer above does not feature Lee’s vocals, she was highly involved in the creation of music alongside composer Dave Eggar.
Lee stated earlier this year, “It’s going to surprise my fans. It’s not what you’d expect; the film is very dark, very introspective. There’s not even a lot of dialogue, which is great, because to me it makes this beautiful, sad platform for music … There’s a lot of blending of sounds, a lot of ominous tones. I play a lot of keyboard, and a lot of Taurus pedal. There’s a lot of low drones.”
The ‘Aftermath’ album will arrive on Aug. 25 and is currently available for pre-order on iTunes and Amazon. The full track list can be found below. And though the collection is mostly instrumental, Lee did reveal earlier this year that she penned a song called ‘Push the Button’ that is part of the soundtrack.
She explained, “It’s very different for me, it’s electronic; I did it all myself, which was crazy, because I’m used to engineering and writing and mixing demos in my house, but being responsible for that being the end product was a new challenge for me. It was like ‘This is it, I’m mixing this.’”

Read More: Evanescence's Amy Lee Teases Soundtrack Disc 'Aftermath' | Evanescence's Amy Lee Teases Soundtrack Disc 'Aftermath'

I'm very excited for Amy Lee. :)

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I'm glad she's going to publish some new music...
but I hoped in a new Evanescence album... :-(
Last I heard they left Wind Ups records so now they're an independent band at the moment. I think it would be smart if they do a kick-starter campaign to make the next Ev album.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
Amy Lee and Evanescence will perform together again from 13 November on...
in the Us and in Japan...

this makes me happy... :)

She's also released a cover of a song by U2, With or without you... that is amazing...
I hope the future will bring us some new (good) songs...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online