1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evanescence (Official Thread)

Discussion in '2000's Music' started by METALPRIEST, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

In Melbourne so I can't. :(
    Also missing the Canberra show which is where I live.

2. Shaz

Shaz Senior Member

^^^ Shame :( but you're in lovely Melbourne ...... lucky you even if you do miss out on the concert.

3. Harkat

Harkat Senior Member

Any thoughts on their latest album, Evanescence?

4. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

I liked it, I wouldn't say it is their best, I prefer Fallen personally but I did enjoy the new album.

5. Taboo

Taboo Toward the Within

I like the new album, but I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Lyrically the new album was a letdown. I guess my expectations were very high since I loved The Open Door and how dark and how great it sounded to me. A thing I did notice is that both Fallen and TOD sound much better than the new album when you listen to it with good pair of headphones. It's like the producer they picked sorta' didn't know how to properly work with the 100+ layers Ev use on each track. What fallen and tod have over this new self-titled record is that there was way more creativity in how every instrument and sound was panned/positioned within mix. I really enjoy the new record but The Open Door sounds THE BEST and then Fallen as far as production and mixing. Dave Fortman made them sound awesome, the new album's tones just lack the same punch the 2 prior to it had but they're still good songs

Overall this is how I rate them:

The Open Door >> Origin > Evanescence > Fallen

6. Big Ears

Big Ears Music Lover

Anyone know anything about Ben Moody's We Are the Fallen, which includes former Evanescence members (other than they have a really bad name - WATF)?

7. Taboo

Taboo Toward the Within

They were recently dropped by their label and they're now trying to put out another album. Personally I couldn't get into their first one. I've listened to it numerous times and I keep hearing too many things that remind me of Fallen, and there's nothing else left to it after you combine that with all the monotony in the song writing. Carly has an amazing voice though :grinthumb

8. Big Ears

Big Ears Music Lover

Thank you Taboo. You seem to be saying it is disappointing, a bit like Evanescence without Moody.

9. LG

LG Fade To Black

It's a shame that Moody left Evanescence, but that's what happens when the lead singer Amy Lee and her co-writer/boyfriend go their separate ways. Too bad there wasn't a rule about fraternizing within the band...;)

10. Taboo

Taboo Toward the Within

No prob.. and well I'm one of those who actually like Ev without Moody jeje. I don't really see how Ev was so special when he was around, besides him being a good songwriter and a decent guitarist. I think that if he was still around, the band wouldn't be so interesting. If The Open Door didn't exist I would probably just be a casual listener or most likely wouldn't listen their music at all jaja. :)