1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evanescence (Official Thread)

Discussion in '2000's Music' started by METALPRIEST, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

There have been the odd albums that made me think this isn't bad but not anything special, I haven't heard much of the previous albums except for Fallen.

2. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

It seemed to me from the DVD (as I got the deluxe) that they were focusing more for Europe. Which is fine by me...they seemed to have a little bit more going on. I agree that Ben Moody is missed...I miss 'em. But I think that a band, with their type of style or genre should go a little more so in that direction. However it may be a little too late for that.

Sort of already established themselves as an American act or an American version of Nightwish and Within Temptation. Safer...but still good and strong.

I like the first two albums but thought they were a bit more repetitive than this one. Really though to be honest , this opinion falls more onto The Open Door. Fallen is pretty outstanding.

I like the use of other instruments on this new one too including the harp. :grinthumb

3. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT!

I think after losing Moody's songwriting there wasn't much change in tempo from one song to the next. Surprisingly the ballads actually dropped off which I would think was Amy's thing. Between Origins, Fallen and even the live album Anywhere But Here the truly haunting stuff disappeared and nothing breaks up the tempo IMO.

4. Riff Raff

Fair enough, whilst I can agree this new album wasn't something stupendously amazing, I really loved listening to it, every second of it.

5. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT!

I agree and I would call it solid myself! :cheers2

6. Lord Dweedle

Lord Dweedle Member

Amy Lee, the ultimate lady of Rock, Shes just brilliant in everything.

Her Eyes & Voice are just so damn awesome.

I heard a cover of Heart Shaped Box once by her, was fantastic

7. Taboo

Taboo Toward the Within

One of my favorite bands ever! Amy's voice is just, ugh.. I just can't get enough of it jeje. My favorite album by far is The Open Door and I consider it their best. Fallen is my least favorite album by them. I only like a few songs like My Last Breath, Imaginary & My Immortal of course. The new album is really good but could have been so much better. The producer they went with wasn't the best choice for Ev's big musical sound in my opinion. Most of the songs were just mixed very loud, basically contributing to the loudness war jaja.. I love Evanescence and how united they are now but I've always seen Amy as an artist like Tori Amos, Paula Cole & Fiona Apple.. these are musicians of her calibre. I'm very excited for the solo album she has been talking about alot in recent interviews which she said is a possible thing in the future. I'm guessing after she's done touring for the current album she will take a break and then come back to make the solo album :grinthumb

This song always gives me the heebie jeebies

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  8. Shaz

Shaz Senior Member

I got tickets for me, Sunny and our menfolk to go see Evanescence next Thursday :grinthumb

9. Riff Raff

Fallen is my favourite album overall. Some great tracks on that one.
    Bring Me To Life is a song I love.

10. Shaz

Shaz Senior Member

^^ Riff Raff the band in concert next Thursday night here in Sydney. Try to come too.