Elton John (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Elton John Lyricist Bernie Taupin Arrested for DUI

Elton-John-and-Bernie-Taupin.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Bernie Taupin, Elton John‘s longtime songwriting partner and the lyricist for the vast majority of John’s hits, was arrested earlier this month on suspicion of driving under the influence.

Taupin, who moved to Southern California’s Santa Ynez Valley during the ’80s, ran into trouble on May 5 when a highway patrol officer noticed him driving erratically. According to reports, Taupin attracted the officer’s attention when he attempted to pull into a residential driveway, but missed the turn and backed into a fence as he was trying to pull out.

Although Taupin was booked on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, a California Highway Patrol spokesperson said no court date has been set, and declined to reveal the results of the blood alcohol test administered at the time of his arrest.

Predominantly known for his work with Elton John, Taupin has also intermittently pursued a solo career; he released a series of albums under his own name during the ’70s and ’80s, including 1980′s ‘He Who Rides the Tiger’ and 1987′s ‘Tribe,’ as well as a pair of records with the band Farm Dogs during the ’90s. His latest collaboration with John, ‘The Diving Board,’ is set for release in September 2013.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
At least all Bernie did was back into a fence, could have been much worse. Never understand why people of means Don't just call a cab or a friend to come give them a ride home when they've had a few too many. When you're young and foolish/pigheaded then I sort of can see this happening, not when you're Bernie's age.:nw:

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
At least all Bernie did was back into a fence, could have been much worse. Never understand why people of means Don't just call a cab or a friend to come give them a ride home when they've had a few too many. When you're young and foolish/pigheaded then I sort of can see this happening, not when you're Bernie's age.:nw:

`cause that`s no fun. :D

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score

There's my glasses!! I've been looking for those.

Elton was just in Philly last week. I would have liked to go, but didn't find out until 2 days before.

However, my need to have everything mapped out and organized well in advance would have made impossible for me to enjoy it.

Besides, I have more pressing issues these days. I'm Santa Claus, you know.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
40 Years Ago

Yellow Brick Road

84c1b340dca0af0977d88010.L.jpg

I bought a brand new vinyl edition last year and can HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who still plays records. The sound quality is superb, the packaging has all the original fiddly bits, one of the best albums I've picked up the last 2 years.

crjames

Reaction score
Today i found out on Spotify the Captain Fantastic tour at Wembley. To hear Elton sing with such power and rawness live then...was blown away. If you are familiar with the melodies of Captain Fantastic album, check out the live show. Its really a treat.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online