Electric Light Orchestra (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Electric Light Orchestra

RE you are dead on target about Discovery, I bought that album and played it a handful of times and that was it. I don't hate the album, but I stopped buying ELO records at that point, it just seemed that they had lost their mojo.

I never played Fire On High backwards, it didn't come across as anything but interesting when I bought Face The Music when it came out. That is my fave song of the album though.:grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

RE you are dead on target about Discovery, I bought that album and played it a handful of times and that was it. I don't hate the album, but I stopped buying ELO records at that point, it just seemed that they had lost their mojo.

I never played Fire On High backwards, it didn't come across as anything but interesting when I bought Face The Music when it came out. That is my fave song of the album though.:grinthumb

I think you should give Time a chance. "Ticket to the Moon" is one of the few songs in my lifetime that gave me chills.

Yep, chills again. That voice is heart piercing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'll think about it Annie. :grinthumb

Sox likes that album as well so that is two votes for Time from people I respect.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

On 9 August 2010, Eagle Rock Entertainment release "Live - The Early Years" from the Electric Light orchestra [Cat No: EREDV780]. This is the first time any of this material has been released on DVD and only the Fusion show was ever released on VHS. "Live - The Early Years" features many of their early classics including: "Showdown", "Evil Woman", "Ma-Ma-Ma Belle", "Can't Get It Out Of My Head", "10538 Overture", "Roll Over Beethoven", "Do Ya", "Strange Magic" and more.

Three live concerts: Four tracks from the 1973 Brunel University (UK) show, eight tracks from the German Rockpalast show (1974), and the legendary Fusion concert in its entirety (London 1976).

Read more at Altsounds.com News | Electric Light Orchestra "Live - The Early Years" for the first time on DVD

Play.com (UK) : Electric Light Orchestra: Live - The Early Years : DVD - Free Delivery

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!! Thank You annie for theis awesome news!! Looking forward to this..I'll be one of the first ones in line. I've been waiting for something like this.

:yay:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!! Thank You annie for theis awesome news!! Looking forward to this..I'll be one of the first ones in line. I've been waiting for something like this.

:yay:

You are welcome and thanks for moving the announcement. I forgot that we have an ELO thread.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Big fan of 70's Electric Light Orchestra.

Here's one of my favorite ELO songs...

''Ma-Ma-Ma Belle'' from the album, ''On The Third Day''

Turn this one up! ELO ROCKS!!

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

Here is some insight about how Jeff works in the studio. Interesting indeed.

http://www.artandscienceofsound.com/

Scroll down to Studio Stories on the right and click on "Richard Dodd", an engineer who worked with Jeff for many of Jeff Lynne's productions over the past 20 years, including Cloud Nine, Armchair Theatre, Traveling Wilburys, Zoom, etc. There is a great story in the video starting at 7:50 about a session he did with Jeff (I'm guessing for Armchair Theatre) and what happened when he suggested a word for a lyric that Jeff was having trouble writing.

Unbelievable!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

On 9 August 2010, Eagle Rock Entertainment release "Live - The Early Years" from the Electric Light orchestra [Cat No: EREDV780]. This is the first time any of this material has been released on DVD and only the Fusion show was ever released on VHS. "Live - The Early Years" features many of their early classics including: "Showdown", "Evil Woman", "Ma-Ma-Ma Belle", "Can't Get It Out Of My Head", "10538 Overture", "Roll Over Beethoven", "Do Ya", "Strange Magic" and more.

Three live concerts: Four tracks from the 1973 Brunel University (UK) show, eight tracks from the German Rockpalast show (1974), and the legendary Fusion concert in its entirety (London 1976).

Read more at Altsounds.com News | Electric Light Orchestra "Live - The Early Years" for the first time on DVD

Play.com (UK) : Electric Light Orchestra: Live - The Early Years : DVD - Free Delivery

Nice !:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online