Eagles (Official Thread)

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Re: Eagles

I always found it interesting that both times a bassist was recruited for the Eagles, it was at the expense of Poco. Meisner was Poco's original bassist, but left for the Eagles before the first Poco album was ever recorded (though some accounts have him involved in the recording, but leaving before the album's release). Then, when Meisner left the Eagles, they recruited Schmit from Poco. He was reportedly offered a full equal partnership in the band (something they hadn't even done with Don Felder, though I'm not sure if the same applied to Walsh or not), and the rest of Schmit's former bandmates thought it was such a tremendous opportunity for him, they actually encouraged him to leave.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

I like all things Eagles...

from the debut album in 1971/72 to 1979/80's The Long Run...

it's runs from good to great....no complaints here...

''Hotel California'' was their masterpiece album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I loved that show Jeffrey, I even have it on DVD now.:D

I didn't realize that bit was borrowed from the Eagles...:hm:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I love the Eagles, they made some great music, Joe Walsh was excellent, I have seen them live and they were beezer!!

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

A version of this Eagles instrumental was used in the opening credits for "The Hitchicker's Guide To The Galaxy" TV programme here in the UK

I always loved that tune. I've got a taste for banjos tuned to minor chords. John Talbot, of Christian music, The Talbot Brothers and Mason Proffit fame used to do that on occasion.

I also love the subtle change in the song's rhythm part way through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Re: The Eagles A to Z

Very, very cool find Groovy.. I get the Gibson newsletters too, but I don't think I saw this one featured:heheh:

It's really a shame they don't have more material, especially with Leadon in the lineup.. His solo albums are fairly cool as well, but that band had chemistry..
Long Road out of Eden wasn't bad, but.. ehh.. :heheh:

SteveB

Member. 50+
Reaction score

Well, I started with the Eagles in the 1970s with the vinyl, of which I have the first 5 (that's excluding the Greatest Hits sandwiched between OOTN & HC). In the UK, Best Of My Love as a single (45rpm vinyl) is what made the populace sit up and notice, and then the single and album One Of These Nights capulted the guys into the heights. Every juke box in each pub you went into would have One Of These Nights playing, and then Lyin Eyes came along with its edit, and that too did the business as a single. The back catalogue flew off the shelves and the rest is history. I had a look at the lists for the top ten Eagles songs, and can't believe how few people chose anything from Long Road Out Of Eden? The title track is simply outstanding, and of the studio albums, I'd choose it anyday above The Long Run or most of On The Border. Now I'll have to choose my own top ten.

Harkat

Reaction score

I remember my father playing these guys and I am surprised at the amount that I recognize from them

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.