Eagles (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Eagles

Great Band,I'm a Joe Walsh fan so naturally when he joined I liked them even more. I love all their hits but Hotel California is my favorite especially the guitars at the end.I used to see this theatrical band from the 70's from the Cleveland area called Molkie Cole & they used to do a song calld "Kill Myself" which sounded a bit like "Second Coming" by Alice Cooper.The end of the song would kick in with kind of a polka beat & the 2 guitarists would exchange the entire ending solo of "Hotel California". It was really pretty amazing.

Anyway back to the Eagles, I love:
James Dean
Those Shoes
Bitter Creek
Victim of Love
On the Border
Greeks Don't Want no Freaks
Life in the Fastlane
Disco Strangler
...& every hit they had!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like Joe Walsh too Bucky, but I preferred him in the James Gang, and his solo albums. But I have to say I have softened over the years and now accept he was a good addition to the Eagles.

KMET, I have all of their albums up to the Long Run, that is where I stopped.

To me early Eagles are the best, I loved their ability to do a little of everything and pull it off.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I don't know if Hotel California was so good because Joe Walsh joined the band or because Bernie Leadon left. Or perhaps a little of both. The album does seem to be more electric guitar-driven than their previous albums, which I prefer. I'd be curious to know how much Walsh contributed to the songwriting. I know he's credited on almost every track for either guitar, electric piano, organ or synthesizer.

Or maybe the album was so good because of the "Maui Wowi" in the recording studio. :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Or maybe the album was so good because of the "Maui Wowi" in the recording studio. :heheh:

Wouldn't be the first time that has had a huge influence in the recording studio, and I guarantee it won't be the last.:lmao:

Reaction score

This thread needed bumping, so I'll just take my post from another thread, and these songs were not in here. sooo.....

LOL, for some reason I though you'd go with the Eagles Cosmic, I'm not sure why, but I thought you'd like them for some reason.... but you have to listen to the tracks that weren't the big hits to understand the hype
Tryin' is one of my favorites, this version is a little bit sloppy--these are hard to find lol

MP edit/ Sloppy live version removed from youtube:Replaced with studio version of Tryin' so others can at least hear the song

I couldn't find one of my favorites..."Bitter Creek" online anywhere:wtf:
This one is cool too.. "Early Bird"

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Good post eberg! Earlybird is a great song, and Tryin' is even greater! Well, in the end, anything the Eagles did was great :D

Reaction score

Just got On The Border and One Of These Nights, I have been playing these and Long Run back to back to back all day :heheh: I'm in a very eagles-y mood I guess, but its so good, I do not understand how songs like "My Man" and "Good Day In Hell" and "On The Border" do not get any radio airplay, it is ridiculous! I demand better radio, who says once this site takes off we create CRF radio?

I call late night dj spot

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The late night slot is yours EB.:tup:

Like many great bands from the 60's,70's and 80's many of the best songs on a record never made it to radio, the exception would be those eclectic DJ's that had enough Pull to play anything they wanted to, just for the music and damn the commercial aspects. I lost count of how many bands I found that way, ah...the glory days of FM when it was relevant to music, I much prefer it to the video age.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Deeeeeesperado :D

I actually didn't like The Eagles at first listen, but after a while they grew on me, and here I am now!

Reaction score

same with me^...

at the time when I first heard them I was still all into punk rock, but once I opened my mind from that, I found what is now probably my favorite genre:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online