Eagles (Official Thread)

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Re: Eagles

Just got On The Border and One Of These Nights, I have been playing these and Long Run back to back to back all day :heheh: I'm in a very eagles-y mood I guess, but its so good, I do not understand how songs like "My Man" and "Good Day In Hell" and "On The Border" do not get any radio airplay, it is ridiculous! I demand better radio, who says once this site takes off we create CRF radio?

I call late night dj spot
I'm in, if I can have the morning show where all I do is crack jokes and talk to my co-host about the absurd news stories :p

I think they don't play the lesser known Eagles songs because people are just too familiar with their hits: Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, Peaceful Easy Feelin', etc. Most radio stations will stick with what's tried and true in terms of popularity, so their ratings can stay up. At least, that's the best reason I can come up with

Reaction score

I'm in, if I can have the morning show where all I do is crack jokes and talk to my co-host about the absurd news stories :p

I think they don't play the lesser known Eagles songs because people are just too familiar with their hits: Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, Peaceful Easy Feelin', etc. Most radio stations will stick with what's tried and true in terms of popularity, so their ratings can stay up. At least, that's the best reason I can come up with

sure, you got morning spot, but there will be no commercials, except a catchy jingle for something ridiculous that people won't know if its a joke or not(it will be real, need to keep the station alive somehow):tongue:
especially with the state of fm radio, and even satellite radio, people are sick of the same tired songs, everyone complains about them being over played and the stations don't change that, at least locally for me the classic rock stations are there too stay.... no matter what they play they have a solid listening base and no ones leaving...they could start playing briteney spears and I don't think they would lose a whole lot of listeners

Reaction score

Well.. time for a country-rock bump... just listened to the Eagles' debut album about 4 times.. and had to post a few songs for everyone elses' listening pleasure...

The Jackson Browne version, hmm... what other famous Eagles tunes was he is on from this album?:D

and Eagles version of Nightingale(I love both BTW)

and a slower paced Eagles song I love, studio and live, both very cool in their own right:grinthumb
Train Leaves here This Morning

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Why did I never post in this thread? :(

The Eagles have pretty much jumped in the last month or so in my personal preferences from "A good solid band" to "The second most awesome band in music history, behind only the Fab Four themselves", displacing the poor old Traveling Wilburys.

Joe Walsh has to be the coolest guy in rock, honestly. I know this song is one of their best known, but it's also my all-time favourite. One of the best riffs ever, IMO

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Hey Feldy is that you??....:lmao:

I prefer the Eagles before Hotel California which heralded Joe Walsh's arrival, but I have grown to like Hotel California more now than when it came out. The song you posted could easily have come off a Joe Walsh solo album...but I agree it's my favorite off that record too.

Kink Floyd

Reaction score

I like the Eagles. Back in 03, I was hooked to 'Hole in the World', couldn't get the chorus out of my head.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

I was a huge Eagles fan up to Hotel California when I sort of lost interest. I bought The Long Run, mainly because of Schmit's involvement, but that was it for me. Nothing will top the first 4 LPs in my mind - being a big fan of Meisner and Leadon had a lot to do with that.

My favorite LP was probably Desperado. I was always a sucker for concept albums, and this one was full of foreshadowed tragedy and the irresistible pull of destiny - the fateful desire to pull one last job. Great, great album. Plus the album cover photos include Jackson Browne as one of the slain outlaws. ;)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

I kind of understand where the people who lost interest when Leadon and Meisner left are coming from, but for me, it's kind of in reverse.

Growing up and learning about the Eagles, the first one you invariably hear about is Hotel California. Between that and my dad's Hell Freezes Over DVD, to me the Eagles have always been Henley, Frey, Felder, Walsh and Schmidt.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the old stuff as well, but that's the line-up I've always associated with the Eagles :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I am with Craig on that one, the early Eagles personified the best qualities of Country-rock, Hotel California was a turning point, and I much prefer the early albums myself. I have mellowed a bit and enjoy HC more than I used to, and the Long Run was a decent album, but early Eagles are just...."Special" for me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online