Official Website

Eagles (1972)
Desperado (1973)
On the Border (1974)
One of These Nights (1975)
Hotel California (1976)
The Long Run (1979)
Long Road out of Eden (2007)

I'm a big fan of the Eagles as of late, and have found myself listening to their two best albums (imo of course) "Eagles", and "Hotel California". This is a general Eagles discussion thread, feel free to discuss anything related to the band or it's members.

Aside from Hotel California, my favorite song of theirs is "Witchy Woman", from their debut album. Such a fantastic, mesmerizing sound, and Don Henley's first showcase of his vocal talent.

Eagles%20-%20The%20Long%20Run%20-%20Int.jpg

l.jpg

eagles1978sailboat01.jpg

eagles_boat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Re: Eagles

I love just about everything they put out, even the new album except for Busy Being Fabulous, that songs pretty awful.. there's a couple other tracks on there that are pretty crappy, but for the most part I like it

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like the Eagles, especially their early albums. Hotel California might have been the most commercially successful album they released, but I prefer them before Joe Walsh joined the band.

The song that really got me interested in them.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am an Eagles fan, too. Hotel California and One of These Nights are my 2 favorite albums.

I love "Take it to the Limit" with Meisner as vocalist:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

I like the Eagles, especially their early albums. Hotel California might have been the most commercially successful album they released, but I prefer them before Joe Walsh joined the band.

The song that really got me interested in them.

I actually was obsessed with this song for a while, and, I kid you not, I watched that very video countless times. Loved Frey's voice

Reaction score

I actually was obsessed with this song for a while, and, I kid you not, I watched that very video countless times. Loved Frey's voice

its a good song to be obsessed with, its probably one of my loudest played and most played songs
its the ultimate driving song I think

Flower

retired
Reaction score

I keep thinking of the Seinfeld show where Elaine was dating this guy who's favourite song was "Desperado" and how she had to shut up whenever it came on the radio.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is funny Flower...:)

Here's my all time favorite Eagles album, as a rule I don't usually choose compilations but in this instance I'll have to make an exception.

The Eagles "Greatest Hits"...1971-1975. I bought this vinyl album in Vancouver on a sunny day a few weeks after it was released, at a legendary store back in those days,,,"A & B Sound". After decades of being one of the best music stores I have ever patronized, they went out of business last year, just a very sad day for all of us that shopped there over last 30 years. Anyway the trip to Vancouver was rare for us, and this time it was just my Dad and me, he went to the Mercury outboard service center to get a part for our motor, and dropped me off at the music store while he did his business.

The song "Take it Easy" was being played on the stores speaker system as I walked up the stairs and opened the door I was simply overwhelmed by the size of the place, by far the biggest record store I had ever been in. I spent about two hours just browsing before I picked up the Eagles record. I didn't have a lot of money back then so I couldn't afford anything else. Anyway that is why I love this album, it represents a moment in time that is forever etched into my consciousness.:grinthumb

the_eagles_greatest_hits_71-75_rema.jpg

the_eagles_greatest_hits_71-75_r-1.jpg

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

its a good song to be obsessed with, its probably one of my loudest played and most played songs
its the ultimate driving song I think
For sure! I actually popped their debut CD into my car this morning and listened to Take It Easy on the way to work. Just felt as though I had to listen to that album instead of Hotel California (which was put in prior)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

My sister had Their Greatest Hits album, and all I could think was yuk! I don't know why it was, but the radio stations loved all that acoustic, ballady crap.

The only two songs I liked by them was "Outlaw Man" and "On The Border" until Hotel California came out, which I liked almost every song. And The Long Run was pretty much a bust except for "Those Shoes".

Then a funny thing happened in the late 90's. My local public library had the Eagles first four CDs in their CD section so I decided to check them out, and Whoa Nelly! All of a sudden I was listening to songs that I remember from the radio but had no idea it was the Eagles (you know how DJs were about announcing their play lists).

I was very surprised to realize how many great songs they had. Songs like Chug All Night, Too Many Hands, Visions, Already Gone, James Dean, Ol' 55 and Good Day In Hell... I even liked the mellower songs like Certain Kind Of Fool, Bitter Creek and You Never Cry Like a Lover.

I still hate Their Greatest Hits (except for Witchy Woman, One of These Nights and Already Gone), but I now know everything else is great! :cheers:

And I even learned to appreciate most of The Long Run. ;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online