Dream Theater (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Dream Theater

I like what I've heard from DT, but I don't own much. I do love the music in everything I've heard though. Petrucci and Portnay are both incredible.

Someday, I'll have to catchup on a few more of their albums.
It took me a few years, but I did finally start listening to them some more. The last couple of hours, I've been sitting here listening to Once in a LIVEtime as well as Live Scenes from New York. What really amazes me about this band is that they pull of these incredibly complex and extremely long songs in a live setting. A LOT can be mimicked, overdubbed and spliced in the studio to make up for a 25 minute 'suite', but to do that shit live? That is brilliant and amazing.

:bow:

Dtlsfny.jpg Dream_theater_oialt.jpg

I will definitely be putting these two albums and a couple of others in heavy rotation in the coming days.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Some more details and a new track:

American prog metal band Dream Theater release Distance Over Time, their 14th studio album on February 22nd, and it’s available in a five different physical formats with some including 5.1 surround mixes and other exclusive content.

The formats for Distance Over Time are as follows
9-track jewel case CD
10-track digi-pak edition (with bonus track)
2LP+CD edition, which includes an 8-page booklet and the bonus track
Limited edition 2CD+DVD+Blu-ray artbook (includes 5.1 mix)
Deluxe Collector’s Box Set

The artbook edition includes a bonus CD of instrumentals and a 5.1 surround mix on blu-ray and DVD, as well as video animations, instrumental mixes, high res stereo, stems for song ‘Untethered Angel’, extended liner notes, additional artwork incl. photos from the writing session and “additional video content”.

The pricey deluxe collector’s box set comes in a lift-off lid box (with lenticular cover art on the lid) and features the 2CD+DVD+Blu-ray artbook edition, a 2LP gatefold version pressed on white vinyl with exclusive LP artwork, an exclusive seven-inch single, a poster, art cards, slipmat, a patch, a badge and a hand-numbered certificate of authenticity.

Track listings:

Artbook 2CD+Blu-ray+DVD edition
CD 1
1. Untethered Angel
2. Paralyzed
3. Fall Into The Light
4. Barstool Warrior
5. Room 137
6. S2N
7. At Witâ™s End
8. Out Of Reach
9. Pale Blue Dot
10. Viper King (Bonus track)

CD 2
1. Untethered Angel (instrumental)
2. Paralyzed (instrumental)
3. Fall Into The Light (instrumental)
4. Barstool Warrior (instrumental)
5. Room 137 (instrumental)
6. S2N (instrumental)
7. At Witâ™s End (instrumental)
8. Out Of Reach (instrumental)
9. Pale Blue Dot (instrumental)
10. Viper King (instrumental)

DVD/Blu-ray
1. Untethered Angel (5.1 mix) 00:06:14
2. Paralyzed (5.1 mix)
3. Fall Into The Light (5.1 mix)
4. Barstool Warrior (5.1 mix)
5. Room 137 (5.1 mix)
6. S2N (5.1 mix)
7. At Witâ™s End (5.1 mix)
8. Out Of Reach (5.1 mix)
9. Pale Blue Dot (5.1 mix)
10. Viper King (5.1 mix) (Bonus Track)

Bonus 7″ in Collector’s box
1. Pale Blue Dot
2.Viper King

Jewel case CD
1. Untethered Angel
2. Paralyzed
3. Fall Into The Light
4. Barstool Warrior
5. Room 137
6. S2N
7. At Witâ™s End
8. Out Of Reach
9. Pale Blue Dot

Digi-pack CD edition
1. Untethered Angel
2. Paralyzed
3. Fall Into The Light
4. Barstool Warrior
5. Room 137
6. S2N
7. At Witâ™s End
8. Out Of Reach
9. Pale Blue Dot
10. Viper King (Bonus track)

And here's "Untethered Angel":

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
May get me the edition with the instrumental album as I do enjoy those versions when bands do it.

babuszka

Reaction score
I just read that myself, but after 20+ years it is no surprise to me. I had a feeling Transatlantic and his other side projects would leave him hungering for more challenges outside of DT. I read he is asking his fans to Not blame Avenged Sevenfold for this, he doesn't have to worry about me I don't like AX-7 at all.

But I wish him well, he has handled this whole matter with class and everyone understands when you lose your passion for something to continue doesn't make sense, I would feel the same and out of respect for his band mates he has left them plenty of time to get a replacement for the new album and world wide tour next year.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Sounds like the new album is a better one than the last (Distance Over Time). Has anyone heard it yet? With the pandemic, it's incredibly expensive to import an album so I need to at least know that it's worth it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online