Dream Theater (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I bought it on the release date and have listened to it several times since. As I've already mentioned somewhere else, due to its length, it takes many spins to appreciate the depth of this work and I'm sure many people simply won't have the attention span for it. I think it's superb, there a moments on previous albums that I prefer, but overall, I think it's one of the better Dream Theater albums in quite a while. They took a risk with this one and it paid off. I'd always recommend a physical copy, but if you are unsure, why not give the album a listen online and then decide. In case you missed it above, I have to warn you about the booklet: it's glued to the Digi.

Yeah it was quite the ambitious move they made for this album to make it a double album but it seemed to be a risk worthwhile. The first disc alone is an endeavour length-wise for those who may not be able to listen for that long consecutively. lol

Enchlore

Mechanical Pianist
Reaction score
So I finally got my hands on The Astonishing. Great album musically, but I found the story a bit weak. Nevertheless a good listen, and I'm not disappointed.

Yes, the glued booklet is annoying.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Reaction score
Have you heard the cover of Dark Side of the Moon by DT? Excellent album if you can get it :grinthumb There are a couple of excellent Floyd cover tracks on the second cd that make it worthwhile.
Brilliant, brilliant musicians. :bow::bow::bow:

It is a great disc. Also picked up DT's covers of Metallica, Maiden, and Deep Purple.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still love the new album. Goes for a fair time but well worth it and never gets tiresome.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Have you heard the cover of Dark Side of the Moon by DT? Excellent album if you can get it :grinthumb There are a couple of excellent Floyd cover tracks on the second cd that make it worthwhile.
Brilliant, brilliant musicians. :bow::bow::bow:
musicianship is excellent...:bow::bow::bow:
Another interesting Floyd tune featuring DT & Queensryche
love this track great cover by both...:bow::bow::bow:

It is a great disc. Also picked up DT's covers of Metallica, Maiden, and Deep Purple.
you are lucky then...:bow:

Still love the new album. Goes for a fair time but well worth it and never gets tiresome.

me too dude...:bow::bow::bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online