Doobie Brothers (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I just stumbled into this really cool slap-bass cover of Long Train Running

I dunno guys, I thought this was a pretty righteous and upbeat way of playing the song that really works with it. My only complaint is that he's using what sounds like some karaoke verison with vocals. But his jammin' is awesome.

Anytime that I play this song, or hear it on the radio, in my head, I almost always hear this kid playing the slap-bass to it.

Definitely left a lasting impression on me.

Radagast

Reaction score
Pass that Doobie

The_Doobie_Brothers_-_Toulouse_Street.jpg

No one knows how many garage bands learned to play together by playing this group's music. I hung out with a local band that regularly played local clubs and School dances. I was a roadie . They played Doobie Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Procol Harum , and more.

Doobie Brothers standards still endure today . :tup:

sixtiesrocker

Reaction score
Why The Doobie Brothers are still not in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; I'll never know!

What a brilliant band!!

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
If the R&R HOF was actually about rock & roll, there would be more room for great bands like the Doobs.

I wonder if these guys have another album in them? World Gone Crazy was a really good album and much more "in form" than Sibling Rivalry was.

sixtiesrocker

Reaction score
Yes, good point about the R&R HOF, Ar-Pharazon; And I agree, about World gone crazy, compared with Sibling Rivalry.

Hopefully they'll put out at least one more album before they retire?

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
The Doobies were one of my favorite 70's bands. (and still are!)

Without getting into a debate about how Michael McDonald forever ruined the band's classic sound and direction, I will submit my five favorite Doobie songs from their first five albums:

1- Disciple
2- Without You
3- Road Angel (No.1 song overall)
4- Neal's Fandango
5- Turn It Loose

As Van Halen has their classic "six-pack" of albums, I suppose The Doobie Brothers have their own "five-pack" of classic albums.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online