CRF's Greatest Singers Results: #50-1

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Oh my lordie. Seriously? You don't get what I was trying to say there. I was complimenting him on his songwriting abilities and him as a whole package rather than his singing abilities. I was in no way insulting him. Point out where I insulted him please? Stop trying to pick some sort of fight. If I really wanted to rip into him (like so many on here do) I could say some really mean things but I won't because I respect the opinions of those who disagree with me.

These are people we've never met here. It's not worth fighting over, especially when no harm was intended. :rolleyes:

This thread is causing a lot of unnecessary controversy. :bonk:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I have a really really good idea, and obviously people's points were missed, they were pointed out, but for now...

how about we just drop it and move on. Sound good?

Good.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Sounds good to me Prime! I guess I can see how my comment would be misunderstood but going on and on about it is silly. :rolleyes:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Your comment wasn't misunderstood in any form. It was clear as day.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Maybe they voted for him based on his songwriting ability rather than voice? I don't know.

The initial thread was called CRF's Greatest Singers,so I'd say most folk who voted for Bob Dylan did so because of his singing ability and not because of his song writing ability.It may be hard for some people around here to get their heads around but some people like Dylan's voice and the way he sings his songs.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
The initial thread was called CRF's Greatest Singers,so I'd say most folk who voted for Bob Dylan did so because of his singing ability and not because of his song writing ability.It may be hard for some people around here to get their heads around but some people like Dylans voice and the way he sings his songs.

Some people will take songwriting into play when deciding whether they like the singer or not. It's not just about if the singer can sing. It has a lot to do with their abilities to write a song, abilities to sing it, and ability to convey emotion in their singing. All factors come into play when deciding whether the singer deserves a spot as a top singer or not.

That's what I tend to do when I want to talk about a singer is talk about their ability in the songwriting area. Your point is understandable, but she also made a good point as to what other people would bring into play when deciding.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Crikey this thread has grooown since I last caught up with it! I really thought Robert Plant would come higher than six, but knew Freddie would take the top spot and Dio & Paul McCartney were surprises. I was gonna comment on Dylan & soul singers but think I'll leave it :D

sco703

Reaction score
John Lennon should be higher. I guess I'm a bit confused on the criteria. Were we going by vocal abilities? At least Billy Joel is on here, thank heavens.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
I'm so sad I missed this, this would've been so fun. We should do one for greatest guitar players...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online