Cosmic's Top 100 Songs of All Time

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Over the last several months I have been working to put this list together. Because tastes change over time I had to wait after working on this listen to see if the ranking would change for me. After this time, I am still pretty content with it so I'd say it holds some water.

Also...I need large projects to keep me extra busy on here. I like it that way. :flirt:

Dead+Kennedys+-+Fresh+Fruit+For+Rotting+Vegetable+-+Censored+Back+Cover+-+LP+RECORD-525539.jpg

Holiday in Cambodia
Dead Kennedys

The Dead Kennedys kicked off the 1980s with a scream. As a band they are unmistakable because of characteristics like Jello Biafra’s warbling vocals, East Bay Ray’s intense, dark take on surf rock, and their hyper critical, over the top political lyrics. None of these are displayed better than on “Holiday in Cambodia”. With a scathing analysis of the the Pol Pot regime in Cambodia at the time set to their aggressive brand of punk, the Dead Kennedys lacerated the "American Dream" with it’s unapologetic criticisms of white privilege when compared to true suffering. This is how you write a real punk song. It has a point and it has something to say and it does so ferociously.​

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is a real gem. I liked when Jello's new band performed it at a show I went to in May. It was as good as what DK used to do.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It's cool that you got to see him live, Riff. I haven't really been following Jello's career over the last few years. What's he sounding like these days?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's cool that you got to see him live, Riff. I haven't really been following Jello's career over the last few years. What's he sounding like these days?

Sounds as good if not better than his DK days.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well that's really great to hear then. :)

tumblr_m8g9qgdQan1r8gj95o1_500.jpg

Electric Eye
Judas Priest

Judas Priest are, in my opinion, the archetype of metal as we know it and “Electric Eye” is a landmark song for heavy metal music. Proceeded by “The Hellion” (which is irremovable from “Electric Eye” if you ask me) this song contains their signature harmonized guitar sound, relentless riffing and an innately vehement and dangerous atmosphere. On top of that, it features one of my favorite vocal performances from Rob Halford and instantly energizes me every single time I hear it. There is a lot that can be said about a song that can do that.​

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

516cjedvj8l-_sl500_.jpg

The Impression That I Get
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

This is a pinnacle both for ska music and 90’s punk and is one of the most recognizable songs on both fronts. Surely some of why I love this song so much is the sheer nostalgia of it but it’s also just a great, energetic song in of itself. The scream that ignites the chorus is a great hook and it gives the chorus a great sense of power and vigor that just makes people want to shout and sing along.​

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online

No members online now.