Concert Virginity

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:heheh: You covered both topics in your post AK.

Nice sig picture, where did you take that one?

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
*Sigh*
Green Day. American Idiot tour. Out of all the bands to take my virginity it had to be Green Day. I can't believe I ever used to like Green Day. I had low standards.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Ahhh...my first concert...I've written about it on a couple other threads here so I'll skip the review but I'll write about the experience from what I remember. The concert was Kiss & the Rockets 1/25/1978 & for under 25 bucks I got a concert ticket, tour book, 2 tee shirts, a poster, & bus fare.

It was a General Admission Concert so my friends & I got to the venue at about 4pm. The bus ride & the walk from the bus stop to the venue was an experience in itself. I was 16 & was never around drugs or alcohol so I had no idea what to expect. As 2 friends & I got onto the bus I seen another guy I knew from the neighborhood with a bunch of kids sitting in the back. They were laughing & yelling & at one point I seen this guy put something up to his nose & the next thing I know his nose is bleeding all over the place. We got off the bus & began walking to the venue & as we got closer some seedy looking characters kept popping out from behind buildings offering pot, coke, speed, & a bunch of other drugs. I had never experienced anything like that so on the inside I was a bit freaked out. We got to the venue & met up with a few more friends. It was cool as hell waiting to get in listening to all of these people talking about Kiss. It was great how everyone was getting along & then about 15 minutes before the doors were to open things began getting a little scary. We were right up to the door & people began shoving each other to get up close to the doors. The shoving & pushing was getting worse & finally the doors opened. My friends & I were pushed behind the door & couldn't get out. We finally pushed our way through & got inside. We ran to the first lower section we could find & grabbed 3 seats. Once we got settled in, the atmosphere took over complete with hundreds of fans wearing Kiss Make-up, fans carrying home made Kiss signs around the arena, beachballs flying through the air, & my first scent of marijuanna which filled the air. I'll never forget the rush I felt when the lights went down & kiss hit the stage. I'll also never forget the heat that I felt with every flash pod going off
...Welcome to the world of Rock & Roll!!!!!!!!!!!

Harkat

Reaction score
I plan to lose mine to Soundwave next year

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Black Sabbath w/ Ian Gillan on vocals. Born Again Tour circa 1984. Night Ranger was the opening band. I was a spry 15 year old. Great show. Trashed and Zero The Hero was actually getting heavy play on MTV at that time.

Rocker440

Reaction score
I was pretty young, 14, when I experienced my first concert, too. The fall of 1976 and it was also a Halloween concert! Although I didn't go in costume, the other people I went with did. That first show was very eye-opening and in many ways with the opening band being Boston, followed by Heart! Both of these bands were new at that time, and on their first major city tours, too! But the headlining act was Black Sabbath and they were amazing! Our seats were closest to Tony Iommi, along with a huge stack of speakers. I'll always think fondly of that show, and also remember how great those bands were, the setting, the songs, enviroment and what an absolute pleasure and privilege it was with experiencing all of that......and the ticket price was about $4.50, too!

Abraxas

Reaction score
1994 - Tori Amos, World Pink Tour.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Eric Clapton - 2007 Australian tour.

Saw him at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, he opened with Crossroads and it was all systems go from there. One of the best nights ever :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online