Cleveland Hall of Fame announcement leaked

Syd

Reaction score
I will defend the Beastie Boys. There is much of Rock n Roll in their music. The way they sing it (rapping their songs) is a completely different thing to me. As someone said, there are a lot of other artists of other kinds of music (country, soul, funk, etc) and nobody complains about them, rock and roll has branched out into a million different styles of music its hard to define what is and what isn't rock and roll, but the Beastie Boys are clearly influenced by rock. They actually started out as a punk band I believe.

Also, many people hate on the Chili Peppers, but they are incredibly important from the 90s to this day and have made some very good albums. Even if you don't like them, they have the merits to be in a Hall of Fame. Maybe the problem is that other huge bands like Rush haven't been inducted yet, but that isnt the Pepper's fault. They deserve their place.

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
A lot of bitching and moaning on here it seems. Some a bit misplaced in my opinion, but that's OK. Don;t forget to take out your wrath on the Cleveland Hall by voting in our polls to build our own Hall of Fame. Make your gripes count and come shape the Classic Rock Forums Hall of Fame. Nobody may care but us, but it should be the vote of all the members of these boards.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Oh my god. What the hell is wrong with these people? :mad

I guess I could see snubbing Bon Jovi & the E-Street Band for a little while longer, but snubbing Heart? KISS? What the hell. :omg:

Why snub E-Street any longer? They should've gone in when Springsteen went in. I still can't believe they didn't.

The HoF list is complete shit.:puke:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Anyone can sing loud...don't mean they're among the best....

Saying Joan Jett had great pipes is like saying Johnny Rotten had great pipes, to me.

I'm not bashing Joan Jett, just saying she wasn't close to Janis or Aretha as far as vocal talenent, that's all.

I'll give you that much. But at the end of the day I would rather listen to Joan Jett's singing over Janis (who I also like ALOT) :grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score
I would prefer to see Pat Benatar in the Hall before Joan Jett.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I would prefer to see Pat Benatar in the Hall before Joan Jett.

Now Pat Benatar had some pipes, that's for sure.

I wouldn't quailtify Joan Jett in the ''pipes'' department, at all.

But, I will say Joan Jett was good for what she did.

A lot of bitching and moaning on here it seems.

Bitching and moaning rightfully so, because the Beastie Boys are going in before Jethro Tull, Yes, Moody Blues, Rory Gallagher, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Kiss, etc, etc. and etc.

If you aren't bitching about that?....then something's wrong.

jtrichey13

Hall of Fame Guru
Reaction score
What a joke. The Beastie Boys are NOT rock. I've never heard of Laura Nyro, but I'm sure she sucks, probably someone from the RRHOF to get in.

Laura Nyro has been dead for 14 years, so the BJ must not have been that special:oyea:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
A lot of bitching and moaning on here it seems. Some a bit misplaced in my opinion, but that's OK. Don;t forget to take out your wrath on the Cleveland Hall by voting in our polls to build our own Hall of Fame. Make your gripes count and come shape the Classic Rock Forums Hall of Fame. Nobody may care but us, but it should be the vote of all the members of these boards.

Won't make any difference what we all say, the fact they are inducting ridiculous acts like the Beastie Boys while leaving legends out tells us it's politics not musical merit.

Sorry Syd, I disagree strongly, you don't put the cart in front of the horse, if this HOF had any sense of honor then we wouldn't be having these conversations, it wouldn't hurt the Peppers and other newer bands to wait their turn.

It's about corporate influence, label support, demographics not musical legacy.

Case closed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray