Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Guns N Roses
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Beastie Boys
Donovan
Laura Nyro

This list is a joke...and I love Donovan and Guns N' Roses...

Donovan....yeah, he disserves to go in, imo...

but, there should be a lot more bands to go in before Guns N' Roses....

the list is long....

if you swapped out Laura Nyro for Joan Jett and/or Heart then I'd actually be content with their picks this year.

Not bashing Joan Jett....but, most or all of her hits and fame are due to cover songs...

Heart over Joan Jett by miles.

Any Rock and Roll HOF that inducts the Bleeping Beastie Boys ahead of so many more worthy bands is beyond belief to me,

Hey LG....What'cha ya want? :heheh:

What'cha What'cha, Watch ya want....

this is rock and roll nowadays, get with the times!

:lmao:bP1PQ.gif:oyea:

lmdfD.gif

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Not bashing Joan Jett....but, most or all of her hits and fame are due to cover songs...

Heart over Joan Jett by miles.

I agree Heart should be in the HoF, but in my opinion Joan deserves it too. She helped pave the way for women in rock and punk.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well really the same can be said women who have already been inducted like with Aretha Franklin and Janis Joplin.

And I might just be the most loyal Beastie Boys fan on the forum and even I am not sure they should be inducted. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and have been going back and forth on the whole thing because it's true that hip-hop is not technically rock and roll but at the same time Johnny Cash is a country artist, Bob Marley is a reggae artist, and there are countless soul, R&B, and funk artists were inducted 20 years ago and none of them are technically rock either. So....I dunno...:confused:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^These other artists are in the Country music HOF, the Soul HOF etc., there are plenty of other examples where the artists deserve to be inducted, but I draw the line at Urban music. All the hip-hop/rap/trip hop/dub step/drum 'n bass artists can get their Very own hall that represents them properly.

And I won't even mention some honors that are bestowed upon people based on one particular criteria. I just find it unfair myself.

Back on topic, Heart and Joan Jett could both be put in, I would agree with that.

Groovy Man

Reaction score
Hey LG....you didn't like my video?

:heheh:

Well really the same can be said women who have already been inducted like with Aretha Franklin and Janis Joplin.

True as far as the hits go, but Janis and Aretha had the voice...

Joan Jett didn't.

Joan Jett isn't on the same level as Janis and Aretha...

it's not even close, imo.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Same level or not Jett has some pipes. Love her voice on Don't Go Away with the Runaways. :grinthumb

Groovy Man

Reaction score
Anyone can sing loud...don't mean they're among the best....

Saying Joan Jett had great pipes is like saying Johnny Rotten had great pipes, to me.

I'm not bashing Joan Jett, just saying she wasn't close to Janis or Aretha as far as vocal talenent, that's all.

empress

Reaction score
really? Beastie Boys? Red Hot Chili Peppers? they're both shit. i've never heard of Laura Nyro. i actually don't mind Donovan though. but easily would have chose Joan/Heart/The Cure over any of them.

the R&R HoF is such a joke... honestly... there's a whole slew of other artists that could have been and should have been inducted. this actually makes me kind of sad. :nw:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I didn't know who Laura Nyro was so I youtubed her...

horrible.

She is better remembered as a songwriter. She wrote hits for Blood, Sweat and Tears, Barbara Streisand and Three Dog Night, among others.
I think it's ironic that the Monkees get no love from the nominating branch because they were "manufactured" and yet Don Kirshner, the man who "manufactured" their music, in the beginning anyway, is getting in.:wtf:
I'm glad the (Small) Faces are getting in.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online