Classical Musicians You Know

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I decided to start this thread to display any person you may know that has musical prowess when it comes to classical music.

First I will post my sister, who plays the trumpet. As it turns out, MP has already made a post on her in the musician's corner!
Mary Bowden

She has recently posted new audio clips on her website (actually I did, I manage her website for her :grinthumb). The Telemann clips are very nicely done!
Audio Clips

Her recent video showcasing a few excerpts for the YouTube Symphony audition:

Thanks for taking a look! More to come~
:D

Kuaizi

Reaction score
My wife is a classical flautist, but unfortunately I do not have any clips to show online. (I have some, just need to get em online somewhere) She went to school at The Cleveland Institute of Music (where she studied with the principal flute of the Cleveland Orchestra, Joshua Smith), and achieved her Masters degree in music performance at IU, studying under the great Thomas Robertello! Right now she is just working, teaching, and taking auditions here and there (there aren't many out there as of right now, and tons of flute players looking - makes for stiff competition!).

During school, she made good friends with a handful of great musicians, and I will start with one of the best harp players in the U.S, Julie Smith. My wife met her at CIM, and she went on to win various jobs with the Milwaukee Symphony, as well as San Diego. She recently released her first solo album, which is filled with yummy harp goodness. She practices extremely long and hard to hone and keep her skills up, and it shows. I have seen her play live a few times and it's quite amazing!
Her website:
Julie Ann Smith

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You are a talented couple Kuaizi, I hope your wife does get her break one of these days. I can imagine how hard it is to get into a symphony orchestra, similar to a professional athlete making it to the highest level in their sport.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
^^You are a talented couple Kuaizi, I hope your wife does get her break one of these days. I can imagine how hard it is to get into a symphony orchestra, similar to a professional athlete making it to the highest level in their sport.

Yeah it's very tough, especially for fluties! The market is just very saturated with good players, so it's all a matter of the planets lining up for you on that particular day. I hope she gets a break someday too~ Thanks! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't have any pictures and our Symphony Orchestra is not world renowned but my friend Brian plays trumpet in the ESO. He also opened a Classical music store about 20 years ago and I owe him a huge debt of gratitude for educating me about classical music when I started exploring it. He would not only sell me CD's but recommend the best versions by the best artists as well.:mn:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Not really a musician but my Father in Law is a member of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra in the Chorus & has traveled to Prague & Berlin a few times to perform concerts.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online