Classical Musicians You Know

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Notturno by Borodin. One of THE most relaxing classical songs I have in my collection. I used to listen to this every single night as I fell asleep. So beautiful!

Dreams

Reaction score
My wife is a violin teacher, and my three kids all started out playing classical instruments.

My wife
20074.jpg

My daughter
DSC05906.jpg

All three kids in 2002...my daughter moved on to piano and the two boys moved on to guitar and bass
2002.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Those are great pictures, and you have a talented family Dreams.

My compliments.:cheers2

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Been lucky enough to meet quite a few very interesting people from the classical world through my wife, who has played in professional symphony orchestras for almost 20 years, I've met mainly conductors and soloists such as Leonard Slatkin, Michael Tilson Thomas, Msistslav Rostropovich, Kurt Masur, James Levine, Christoph von Dohnányi, Esa Pekka Salonen, Joshua Bell, Yo Yo Ma, Renee Fleming, and maybe best of all the great Daniel Barenboim, who played 'Happy Birthday' to my wife on the piano at a rehearsal on her 40th birthday, me and the kids got invited, and we all ate cake!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's quite a list you have there TS.:bow:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Thing about meeting anyone with a real 'name' in any situation is that you remember them for the rest of your life, but they only remember you for maybe 3 minutes, so I don't dwell on the fact I have met Yo Yo Ma and Rostropovich a few times too much, having worked with them professionally my wife is a far more convincing name dropper than I am, I basically just do my obedient husband bit, and try not to drool too much down the front of my tuxedo!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online