Cactus (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Cactus

Great Band Jim McCarty is great guitarist. I have their s/t & One Way or Another.

Back in the early 80's on Molly Hatchet's Take No Prisoners album they did a wild version of "Long Tall Sally" which was quite different than Little Richard's version... A few years later I found out they weren't covering Little Richard's version they were covering the exact style the way Cactus covered the song

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

YES !!! Good to see more fans of Cactus here \m/
I have the debut ,One Way or Another & 'Ot 'n' Sweaty. I REALLY like these guys. Got to get more of their discography.

They are another one those under appreciated bands that deserve much more credit then they get.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Thanks Sweaty Ramone! CACTUS sound a great band ..every track on each thread are awesome......howcome i missed out on this band??....the shame

joe

Reaction score

Azz-kickin' boogie/blues/hard rock. Fantastic live band. Check out the live CD compilation 'Fully Unleashed: The Live Gigs.

spudnuto

Reaction score

Jeff Beck passed on an invitation to join them onstage to jam once when he paid a backstage visit before one of their gigs. He said McCarty would blow him off the stage.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Azz-kickin' boogie/blues/hard rock. Fantastic live band. Check out the live CD compilation 'Fully Unleashed: The Live Gigs.

I need to pick that one up.

I have this 2 disc set...

MVM5s.jpg

...which is all 3 full studio albums

and a couple of rare and unreleased tunes.

Cactus does the best version of ''Parchman Farm'' I ever heard!

Cool hard rockin' band. :grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score

^^^Ditto to everything Groovy said! :cheers2 I believe The Live Gigs title is fairly costly, although I haven't looked for it recently.

Rusty Day was an excellent harmonica player as well, and also jammed with Ted Nugent, if I remember correctly. :sing: :cheers2

machida4836

Reaction score
The information is very interesting. I just saw it the first time. Thanks for sharing this.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
In he Stroy of Anvil movie, LIPS was talking about meeting Robb (drummer) for the first time. He would go past his house and hear this guy playing drums to all kinds of bands including Cactus and that impressed him. He was like, I never heard anyone jamming Cactus.

Pretty cool. :grinthumb

glenn7623

Reaction score
Carmine Appice and Tim Bogert were originally from The Vanilla Fudge and had a hit with "You Keep Me Hangin' On".My favorite Cactus song is "Alaska" and it's from their Reflections album.Appice and Bogert also went on to form Beck,Bogert,and Appice.The drumming and bass playing of Appice and Bogert make them one of the best rhythm sections in the world.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berlinus

Staff online

Members online