Cactus (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
A new album from Cactus (basically Carmine Appice & Jim McCarty and newer members, plus a LOT of guest artists), Temple Of Blues is coming in June.

Cactus - Evil (Feat. Dee Snider & Dug Pinnick)

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Great hard edged blues rock band.....bought the first lp in 1970 at college..second 2 are also good.
Good cd collection https://www.allmusic.com/album/cactology-the-cactus-collection-mw0000186334

Bogert and Appice came from Vanilla Fudge ....were supposed to join Jeff Beck ...he had a car crash, and they got McCarty and Day to form Cactus. Beck did 2 Jeff Beck Group lps in that time ....which are very good btw and later on Beck did 2 lps with Bogert and Appice...studio and a live one.
Some of this was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
A new album from Cactus (basically Carmine Appice & Jim McCarty and newer members, plus a LOT of guest artists), Temple Of Blues is coming in June.

Cactus - Evil (Feat. Dee Snider & Dug Pinnick)
Interesting version of a Cactus tune that was (written by Willie Dixon) on Restrictions 3rd Cactus lp.
The only original Cactus player on the new lp is Appice though Mark Stein ,an original, did do vocals on one track.

Last edited:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Interesting version of a Cactus tune that was (written by Willie Dixon) on Restrictions 3rd Cactus lp.
The only original Cactus player on the new lp is Appice though Mark Stein ,an original, did do vocals on one track.
That looks like McCarty on guitar in the video and he's mentioned in this article as "appearing" on the album.

E-Z

Reaction score
I read the recently released Beck, Bogert, Appice x4 cd box set where the liner notes say that Carmine recalls Jeff (Beck) "Hated the band name Cactus" although personally I thought it was a cool name. :good

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
That looks like McCarty on guitar in the video and he's mentioned in this article as "appearing" on the album.
I saw in 2 reviews where he's mentioned as being involved, but I cant find his name cited on any tracks as playing.....strange. I read the article and it does say 'appears' yet he's not listed when you look at the track players in the article....but one track...'You Cant Judge A Book By the Cover' ..does not list musicians so he might be on that?
:dunno:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I saw in 2 reviews where he's mentioned as being involved, but I cant find his name cited on any tracks as playing.....strange. I read the article and it does say 'appears' yet he's not listed when you look at the track players in the article....but one track...'You Cant Judge A Book By the Cover' ..does not list musicians so he might be on that?
:dunno:
The current listed guitarist is Paul Warren, and that definitely isn't him in the video. Weird.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online