Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Dr. Byrds & Mr. Hyde
Ballad of Easy Rider
(Untitled)
Byrdmaniax

Byrds
I've got them all but Farther Along

didn't realize I was missing one. :(
Although I've got live stuff from that time.
Plus I've got Preflyte!

"Preflyte is a compilation album by the American folk rock band The Byrds and was released in July 1969 on Together Records (see 1969 in music).[1] The album is a collection of demos recorded by The Byrds (then named The Jet Set) at World Pacific Studios in Los Angeles during 1964, before the band had signed to Columbia Records.[2] As such, the music on the album predates the release of The Byrds' debut single for Columbia, a cover version of Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man", which topped the charts in America and the United Kingdom during 1965.[2] The album's title is a deliberate misspelling of pre-flight, meant to emulate the misspelling of "birds" that the band had used for their name. In 2001, Sundazed Records released an expanded, double CD compilation of tracks from the World Pacific era, titled The Preflyte Sessions.[3]

also hear is some early McGuinn with Judy Henske's album Jody Henske.
They also do "I know you rider" and "wade in the water"
I think this is the version from the album with McGuinn

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
This is not by any mean any shameless promotion here, but Gynger Lynn was along this style. Sure I've been in heavier metal bands and am today (Doom, Power Metal ect.) but these guys and to this day, were tapped into Dylan, Byrds, Monkees, Beatles ect. with an edge applied.

People who don't like these type of bands, I can see on first sight, but when one listens a bit deeper you can hear it. I was talking to the guys about it just this week. Along with Priest and other things we all liked, this band delved into these type of styles and sounds that we all loved.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I am missing this album

was deleted before I could get the CD, now I have to buy a box set with other Byrds albums to get it :mad

Last edited by a moderator:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
^^I noticed there was an Limited Edition Expanded Edition of SOTR, though I never invested in it, has anyone got it? I've only got the Standard Edition with the Bonus Tracks.

The funny thing about SOTR is "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" with McGuinn making a mistake in the Dylan song which makes me wonder if it was a deliberate mistake?

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I don't have the legacy addition but here is an AMAZON LINK with reviews and stuff :grinthumb

Yeah it looks pretty impressive, I think because I have a few of those "International Submarine Band" Tracks, I didn't buy it and have an alternative Gram Parson CD set.

I probably posted these tracks before, but here's "Sum up Broke" and "One Day Week" from ISB.

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
SWEEEEEET!!! Listening!! Yeah they CRAM a LOT on those legacy edition discs :eek:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online