BYRDS (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: The Official BYRDS Thread

Ah, why such a short time?

I thought it was basically, just a power struggle for control of the band, but here's from wiki..

With their new album now completed, The Byrds flew to England for an appearance at a charity concert at the Royal Albert Hall on July 7, 1968.[174] Following the concert, just prior to a tour of South Africa, Parsons quit The Byrds on the grounds that he did not want to perform in a racially segregated country (apartheid did not end in South Africa until 1994).[167] Hillman doubted the sincerity of Parsons' gesture, believing that the singer had in fact left the band in order to remain in England with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, who he had recently befriended.[175] Parsons stayed at Richards' house in West Sussex immediately after leaving The Byrds, and the pair developed a close friendship over the next few years.[174] After leaving The Byrds, Parsons would go on to produce an influential but commercially unsuccessful body of work, both as a solo artist and with the band The Flying Burrito Brothers (which also featured Chris Hillman).[176] He died on September 19, 1973, at the age of 26, following an accidental overdose of morphine and alcohol in his room at the Joshua Tree Inn.[177]

B1mGu3hBN6S._SL600_.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Catching up in here. I have 5 of their albums and I remember listening to their songs on our old AM radio when we were camping sitting around the fire by the lake and watching the stars come out. Great band, very influential and should have been bigger than they were.

Here's my collection, but I know where I can find an MFSL copy of "The Notorious Byrd Brothers" so I'll be adding it soon.

Byrdspartone.jpg
Byrdsparttwo.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I am not surprised Sweaty a connoisseur like yourself probably had a pint or two with the band after you saw them in concert...:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

One of the best tracks there is to ease up with.

And relax.:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have picked up two more Byrds albums since my last visit.:D

I'll post the pictures later when I have more time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online