The Notorious Byrd Brothers
Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Dr. Byrds & Mr. Hyde
Ballad of Easy Rider
(Untitled)
Byrdmaniax
Farther Along
Byrds

A fan of the Byrds?? Roger McGuinn? David Crosby? Gene Clark? Chris Hillman? Michael Clarke?? Well lets all step into the psychedelic folk world of these 60's rockers from Los Angeles, California!!!

Turn, Turn, Turn

byrds65.jpg

423544_The-Byrds-The-Doors.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Syd

Reaction score
Re: The Official BYRDS Thread

You kinda read my mind. Yesterday I was listening to The Byrds, and was looking for the thread here but couldn't find it. So that's cool. Jaja. I love Hey Mr. Tambourine Man one of the best covers of all time in my opinion. I just downloaded two of their albums so I'll check them out and see what they're like. :D

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Great band !! I adore the 12 string psychedelic guitar sound they had . I wish we all could jump in a time machine and witness that gig in 1967 !! THE DOORS and BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD as support.......wicked !!!! :bow:

My favorite....BYRDS tune..

Eight Miles High

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ That's a classic Lou, I have been pondering which tune of theirs I would choose as my fave and I guess it would be ..

Reaction score

The Byrds were very influential to my favorite artist, Tom Petty. The heartbreakers paid a little tribute to them with their video for their song, The Waiting.

Heartbreakers:
hqdefault.jpg

My favorite Byrds albums are Byrds(1973), Younger Than Yesterday(1967), Mr. Tambourine Man(1965), and Farther Along(1971)

The_Byrds-1973-Byrds.jpgThe_Byrds-1967-Younger_Than_Yesterday.jpg
61DYrX5aY2L._SS500_.jpg51NyOtD0cBL.jpg

Byrds

Petty

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

What a great band, SOX has posted one of my faves from them, they are a great band, I have been buying their albums for years and only need one, I could download it but I would love the CD.

LOU is right, it would be good to go back in time and see the band at the gig with a top support. I saw them in about 1990 or something and they were very good, have seen Roger McGuinn live and he was fantastic, one of my fave guitarists.

They have influenced so many people over the years, what a fantastic band, would be great to see them reform, just for me in my living room.

Another fave of mine is "Old John Robertson"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online