Bruce Springsteen (Official Thread)

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Jersey Girl, answering your question, no I haven't seen him do Thundercrack live. I never even heard of the song before buying Tracks when it came but I instantly fell in love with it. I have seen him do some rarer stuff though like the Fever and Trapped along with Quarter To Three (an old Gary US Bonds song), Devil With A Blue Dress, and others.

Speaking of Tracks, that imho was an unbelievable release.:wtf: Sometimes I wonder what his thought process is because those discs are loaded with songs better than some of the ones that ended up on various albums. That alternate version of Stolen Car, Bring On The Night, Thundercrack, Don't Look Back, Be True, Zero And Blind Terry, Santa Ana, and on and on and on are just as good as anything he's ever released.:D

And you know what's really irritating, in a good way, is that you and I both know he's got hundreds of others stored away just itching to see the light of day. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future some more unreleased stuff comes out that features Clarence prominently. Sort of a tribute type of thing from Bruce and the rest of the band.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
^^^ I'm so glad I have a kindred spirit here for my love of Bruce and his talent. :grinthumb I've been listening to Tracks today (still have a lot to hear) and was thinking the same thing about some of those songs being his best.

I haven't heard him do Thundercrack either but I have heard him do the ones you mentioned...The Fever, Trapped, Devil In A Blue Dress. Another song I really like live that just popped into my head is Point Blank.

Now I really want to be at a Bruce show.:D

Tomorrow is his birthday. I can't believe how good he still sounds, and looks :flirt after all these years.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
JG, figured you've probably seen this but if you haven't, it's pretty good. John Stewart's intro to Bruce comes about a minute in. Very good stuff.

Kennedy Center Honors- Bruce Springsteen:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I have seen it before R.E. but only because my sister DVR'd it (we're all Bruce fans in my family). It's always good to see it again. Thanks. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
62...he's kept himself in top notch shape all these years.

Happy Birthday Boss...:cheers2

Going to play Born to Run and Born in the USA after supper to celebrate his birthday.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
62...he's kept himself in top notch shape all these years.

Happy Birthday Boss...:cheers2

Going to play Born to Run and Born in the USA after supper to celebrate his birthday.

He looks great, doesn't he? My heart still goes pitter patter for him. t4518.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He was one of the first touring musicians that had a rigorous workout regimen, lifting weights etc., I remember reading about that back in the late 70's. Looks like it's worked perfectly for him.

He used to have back problems as well, but that never stopped him from giving his fans everything he had every concert, usually 3 hours worth.

A legend.:bow:

No pitter patter from me though JG...:D

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I'm glad there's no pitter patter for you because he's all mine anyway.:D

Yup, 3+ hour shows and all over the stage. :bow:

As far as I know he never really drank or smoked or did drugs so that I'm sure has helped also with how he looks and still acts while performing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online