Bruce Springsteen (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Having an idea of the kind of music Riff Raff gravitates to, I don't think he would care for Nebraska, Ghost of Tom Joad, Devils and Dust or Seeger Sessions. These are actually my least favorite of Bruce's. I'd much rather hear Bruce rocking out with the boys. I too like Greetings but I think I like Wild, Innocent a little better. NYC Serenade...perfection! Not to mention Incident, Sandy, Kitty, Rosie, oh and that Shuffle song :D. I guess that's just about the whole album minus one song. Anyway, for now I think Riff should stick with the rocker albums, but that's just my opinion.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'd actually really love to see Bruce produce another folksy/acoustic Nebraska/Tom Joad/Devils and Dusty type record, just him and his guitar kicking back and telling us stories, which he doesn't really do anymore apart from the odd track once in a while, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Probably not, but it sure would be nice!

TMG

Titus Maximus Headphonius
Reaction score
No question that for people wanting Bruce in full throttle overdrive, the best place to start would be The River, Sides 1 & 2 are pretty relentless, and the energy only really drops for maybe 5 or 6 tracks out of the 20 songs on the album, though it also contains for me two of his greatest more reflective tracks - Point Blank, and Drive All Night.

The Human Touch album also rocks out as much as any of his others, with a big epic production sound, though many fans hated it as being too "commercial" ....whatever the hell that means, y'know, like artists, who do this for a living are supposed to go out of their ways to make inaccesible albums which nobody will want to buy, right? ...though I rate it highly.

Yeah SDM, maybe that old folksy/country/Guthrie/Dylan inspired Bruce is dead, which would be a damn shame as apart from being a rock 'n roll beast, he's also one of the all time great late-night sit-around-the-fire-with-a-glass-of-something story-tellers, and I really miss that reflective/inward looking/deep part of his art which we haven't heard now for 10 years.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I don't think the folk, artsy Bruce is gone. Bruce will be playing music until he is gone (which I hope is a very very long time from now). He can't rock out as hard as he did during the last tour forever, so I think the folk, artsy stuff will happen when he gives up jumping around the stage. For now though...keep rocking as long as you can Bruce.

TMG

Titus Maximus Headphonius
Reaction score
I don't think the folk, artsy Bruce is gone. Bruce will be playing music until he is gone (which I hope is a very very long time from now). He can't rock out as hard as he did during the last tour forever, so I think the folk, artsy stuff will happen when he gives up jumping around the stage. For now though...keep rocking as long as you can Bruce.

Yes, I hope so JG - I've loved the rock 'n roll Springsteen for as long as I can remember, but you know many of the songs which move me and affect me the most are when he just sits and strums on the acoustic, and tells us stories, like Matamoras Banks, Across the Border, Cautious Man, My Hometown, Nothing Man, Sinaloa Cowboys, and many more, just beautiful reflective songs, I play those less rockin' albums of his these days more than the others.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
No question that for people wanting Bruce in full throttle overdrive, the best place to start would be The River, Sides 1 & 2 are pretty relentless, and the energy only really drops for maybe 5 or 6 tracks out of the 20 songs on the album, though it also contains for me two of his greatest more reflective tracks - Point Blank, and Drive All Night.

The Human Touch album also rocks out as much as any of his others, with a big epic production sound, though many fans hated it as being too "commercial" ....whatever the hell that means, y'know, like artists, who do this for a living are supposed to go out of their ways to make inaccesible albums which nobody will want to buy, right? ...though I rate it highly.

Yeah SDM, maybe that old folksy/country/Guthrie/Dylan inspired Bruce is dead, which would be a damn shame as apart from being a rock 'n roll beast, he's also one of the all time great late-night sit-around-the-fire-with-a-glass-of-something story-tellers, and I really miss that reflective/inward looking/deep part of his art which we haven't heard now for 10 years.

Yes, I hope so JG - I've loved the rock 'n roll Springsteen for as long as I can remember, but you know many of the songs which move me and affect me the most are when he just sits and strums on the acoustic, and tells us stories, like Matamoras Banks, Across the Border, Cautious Man, My Hometown, Nothing Man, Sinaloa Cowboys, and many more, just beautiful reflective songs, I play those less rockin' albums of his these days more than the others.
surely he`s still in there somewhere...

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Bruce performs with Jackon Brown at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank NJ last night.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Bruce!!!

15915856-mmmain.jpg

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray