Blue Oyster Cult (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Blue Oyster Cult

I know their name is an anagram of a beer label if I'm not mistaken, and the symbol, well I'll take your word for it, everytime you see it you know it's BOC.

Nice cover S&L.:tup:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

GODZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RULZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:):):)

someenchantedeveningalb.jpg

By blackglove at 2009-12-12

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is a great song, I skipped over the live albums intentionally, I was going to do them after the studio records but that's cool S&L, nice to have some company in here.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Okay after Mirrors, came "Cultosaurus Erectus"...I don't know what was happening in my world at this point in time, Hockey I think so I kind of lapsed on a lot of my music for two years before I caught up again and this record I played a couple of times and forgot about it. It is a good album, if I recall Starman commented he loved the Hard Edge on this one, I have a HQ copy now so I'm going to play it tomorrow to catch up.

One song I haven't forgotten though is Black Blade.(Based on lyrics by Michael Moorcock)

Last edited:

Kino

#1 Styx Fan
Reaction score

Blue Oyster Cult actually played during the summer in Syracuse I think. I wish I had gone, I love these guys!

rtbuck

Reaction score

Blue Oyster Cult actually played during the summer in Syracuse I think. I wish I had gone, I love these guys!

I caught them over the summer in Lewiston,NY & they were great...& now they have Rudy Sarzo on bass!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Okay after Mirrors, came "Cultosaurus Erectus"...I don't know what was happening in my world at this point in time, Hockey I think so I kind of lapsed on a lot of my music for two years before I caught up again and this record I played a couple of times and forgot about it. It is a good album, if I recall Starman commented he loved the Hard Edge on this one, I have a HQ copy now so I'm going to play it tomorrow to catch up.

One song I haven't forgotten though is Black Blade.(Based on lyrics by Michael Moorcock)

Love this album:)

Last edited by a moderator:

rtbuck

Reaction score

LG, Cultosaurus Erectus is great. My favorite is "Unknown Tongue" & "Lips in the Hills" is awesome too. They were so incredible live on this tour.During "Divine Wind' Alan Lanier came out from behind the keyboards playing guitar with an Ayatollah Khomeni mask on & he & Eric Bloom kind of dueled back in forth giving each other the bird.
At the time I thought the Marshall Tune was kind of cool & still do!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You are amazing Bucky,,,lol,,,I didn't see that tour but I did catch them after "Fire Of Unknown Origin" was released in '82 I think. I'd have to look it up to be sure but they are a great live band, and even put on a great show now.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online