Blue Oyster Cult (Official Thread)

foreverblue

Reaction score
Re: Blue Oyster Cult

i love this band
i only own "workshop of the telescopes" and "curse of the hidden mirror", but i'm intending on adding more to my collection

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They are worth collecting Foreverblue.:tup:

I am jumping to Agents of Fortune, released in 1976 the album that provided the breakthrough single that almost everyone on earth has heard at least once, "Don't Fear The Reaper". Although I have heard this song numerous times, I still enjoy it, one of the most memorable guitar solos of any song from the 70's. For BOC to get a hit single is amazing in itself they are not that kind of band, but they deserved the attention this one smash hit gave them. I wish I could find a Youtube video of Tenderloin, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Here's ETI.

blue_oyster_cult_1976_agents_of_for.jpg

blue_oyster_cult_1976_agents_of_-1.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

After AOF, came Spectres in 1977, I had to play this one a few times before I really got into it, now I consider it one of their top 5 albums. I remember when the movie Godzilla was being remade with Matthew Broderick the studio wanted to use BOC's famous song, but the band wanted so much money the movie producers changed their mind. I'm glad things didn't work out, it is too good of a song to be attached to a very disappointing movie. My favorite tune off the album is Golden Age of Leather, but I'm posting one of Donald (Buck Dharma) Roeser's most beautiful tracks instead.

I Love The Night.

[/URL]

Last edited:

Boston'sCorner

Reaction score

Burn out the day, burn out the night, I can’t see no reason to put up a fight. Yeah, let me stop now. I could sing that tune in my head all day. I just got into the song “Harvest Moon” mainly because of the cool guitar instrumental part in the introduction. I love the band, but was definitely enticed to hear more because of the classic “Don’t fear the Reaper”.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to see another fan of one of my all time favorites in here Boston.:tup: It is a good song to introduce someone to the band, but they have such a great library of good music I always hope fans go back to the beginning and follow them to wherever they are now.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Time for My favorite BOC album of all time, "Secret Treaties". Took me a few plays to really start getting into this record when I bought it, but now I consider it a masterpiece. It is an essential addition for anyone who likes early 70's hard rock/metal. I have this one in my top 50 albums of all time.

Flaming Telepaths

blue_oyster_cult_1974_secret_treati.jpg

Blue_yster_Cult_-_Secret_Treatie-1.jpg

This is my favorite LP by them.. It is just a totally well put together LP.. Every song rocks.. Man.. I get a kick out of that song.. Career of Evil:heheh:
It just kicks butt..
And Astronomy is quite the mind blowin song.. Harvester of Eyes!!! Hell ya!!!
I think this LP is in a class by itself when compared to the rest of their catalog.. It's just way too cool..:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You and many others are in agreement Thumper. I think Tyranny and Mutation, Fire of Unknown Origin, and this one are the three Must Haves, but I am a huge fan so I have almost everything they ever released.:D

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

^^ I like in Dominance and Submission when they start in with the Dominance.. Submission.. Radio Supreme.. wait is that what they say.. Supreme or Superior??

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'm such a dumbass...years ago I sent away for all the BOC lyrics right up to Spectres, but I lost them sometime over the last 20 years. I always thought it was Radio Superior, but it could be Supreme too...:dunno:

I'm going to play it tonight rather than cheat and look it up on a lyric site Thumper.;)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

B.O.C. IS a very unique rock band with a whole lotta philosophy of life behind it....the symbol itself (I'm a symbology freak myself!) represents the ancient Greek symbol of chaos!:)
Eric Bloom is a very charismatic frontman and often underrated.

bocalbum.jpg

By blackglove at 2009-12-11

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online