Black Stone Cherry (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
That's awesome, Lynch. I'd love to see Black Stone Cherry live, but I haven't had the chance yet. I don't know much about Seether, except they're from South Africa and toured with Skynyrd. Do you know who the opening act will be?

It's a bit early, but enjoy the gig and post some feedback afterwards!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I couldn't remember so I just looked it up, the first band is Skindred. They do nothing for me at all. The music is ok until they start singing and it really goes to crap after that. They sound like a cross between Nu Metal and some offshoot of reggae.

:puke:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Oh man, that's a pretty crappy lineup overall. I never understood those weird packages. I get the point of trying to mix it up a bit, sometimes 3 very similar bands can be a bit boring, but going from Black Stone Cherry to Skindred is a far stretch imo. Oh well, at least BSC will be worth it, mate.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
wow awesome rock band high energy live. five great albums. they are totally great to have in your collection ooh :oy:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
well sharp dressed man I`ve two.

Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea.

Black Stone Cherry

wish they`ll release a LIVE Album...

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ They did release a live album called "Live at the Astoria, London" back in 2007, but unfortunately it was limited to 1.000 copies, so you might have difficulties finding a copy.... unless you are willing to pay a large amount of money for it.
Hopefully they'll release an unlimited live album/Blu-ray/DVD soon!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Hopefully they'll release an unlimited live album/Blu-ray/DVD soon!

Well, that happened a bit sooner than expected....

There's a new official live Blu-Ray/DVD/CD set on the way! :woot:

Kentucky rockers BLACK STONE CHERRY are set to release their debut live DVD, "Thank You: Livin' Live Birmingham, UK" via Eagle Rock Entertainment on October, 30 2015. The performance was shot on BLACK STONE CHERRY’s ‘Magic Mountain’ tour, exactly one year prior to the disc’s scheduled release date, at the band’s sold-out LG Arena Birmingham (Genting Arena) show on October, 30 2014.

In just seven years, BLACK STONE CHERRY progressed from playing 200-capacity club gigs in the UK to headlining their first arena tour. This DVD documents one of those triumphant shows, filmed at Birmingham’s LG Arena and showcases the band’s long-standing love affair with their British audience. Filmed in hi-definition and available on DVD, Blu-ray and twin DVD+CD pack, the incendiary live set features crowd favorites from all four of the band’s studio albums, plus bonus interview material and additional live tracks shot at this year’s Download Festival.

The band is thrilled to bring this release to their fanbase, as guitarist Ben Wells attests: “We are beyond excited to bring you all this live DVD. Growing up watching my ELVIS PRESLEY and Aerosmith DVDs and VHS tapes, I never thought I would be in a band that would one day be releasing one - and in an arena at that! We are so honored, humbled, and thankful to have the fans and friends we have in this business and we couldn't do it without the grace of God and all of your support! Sit back and enjoy this live BSC experience. We had a blast filming it!".

Frontman Chris Robertson continues: “I remember our first gig headlining in Birmingham at the Barfly and I thought about that night many times as we were filming this DVD. It was truly an amazing experience that we will cherish forever and we have to give all the credit to the amazing fans for showing up and making it all possible!”.

With a running time of over 2 hours, the DVD’s tracklisting runs as follows:
Rain Wizard / Blind Man / Me & Mary Jane / In My Blood / Holding On...To Letting Go / Maybe Someday / Such A Shame / Things My Father Said / Fiesta Del Fuego / Sunshine Of Your Love / Like I Roll / Bad Luck And Hard Love / *drum solo* / Hollywood In Kentucky / Hell And High Water / Soul Creek / White Trash Millionaire / Blame It On The Boom Boom/Layla / Peace Is Free / Lonely Train (Can’t Judge A Book).

Bassist Jon Lawhon informs us, "We've worked very hard on putting all of this together for everyone and it was the crowd that made this a night we will not soon forget. Thank you all so much for your dedication and support. We love you all and hope you enjoy it!".

The band’s inimitable sticksman, John Fred Young underlines their appreciation of BSC fans’ loyalty and echoes the DVD’s title when he says; “THANK YOU to everyone who stuck with us over the years and who came out and made this night such a special memory for us! This is for you!”.

BLACK STONE CHERRY are currently hard at work on album number five which is set to see the light of day in Spring 2016.

29277a00182aa3ee73158c79af7962a1

A clip taken from the DVD/Blu-Ray for the song "White Trash Millionaire" can be seen here:

I'm EXCITED about this release, but I do wish they had played "Ghost of Floyd Collins" at that show!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online