Black Stone Cherry (Official Thread)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Listened to a few samples of this band's music.

Me And Mary Jane sounds decent on one listen. Soulcreek, especially the chorus, sounds a lot like Poison's 'Stand'. Is anybody else hearing it?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I never would have made that connection, but yeah, vocally there are similarities, mostly in the chorus. Musically, they are completely different.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Here's the cover artwork. Eeeeerm terrible, but hey, the music is the most important thing.

black_stone_cherry_-_magic_mountain-300x298.jpg

Lynch

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty bad, but I don't think it's quite as bad as their debut cover. Both that one and this one reek of a band trying to hard to push their "stoner rock" anthems. *shrug*.

As you said, the music is the most important thing and if the first song is any indication, this album is going to kick ass! :)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty bad, but I don't think it's quite as bad as their debut cover. Both that one and this one reek of a band trying to hard to push their "stoner rock" anthems. *shrug*.

Well said. I wasn't overly fond of the "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" cover either, although at least it fit in with the title of the album. "Folklore and Superstition" (+backside and booklet) was great. It tied in perfectly with the music and set a certain mood even before inserting the disc in the player.

Lynch

Reaction score
Cool. I'll definitely be picking up this album in a couple of weeks when it comes out.

I like Never Surrender better than the one before it. That one wasn't bad but was a bit of a letdown after Me and Mary Jane.

Lynch

Reaction score
BTW: My daughter and I are planning on seeing them in concert when they come to town in May. They will be the 2nd of 3 bands that night, the headliner being Seether. I'm not a big Seether fan, but they do have some decent tunes.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online