Black Sabbath (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Anyone have decent quality audio of their Earth stuff, like "Early One Mornin' Blues?"

Lots of stuff on youtube. The song you mention usually sounds pretty bad, but this copy of The Rebel is OK.

This is a 4 track 1969 demo. When I Came Down sounds Sabbathy.

E-Z

Reaction score
It has been reported on BBC radio 4 news at 6:00PM (London time) 21/01/20 that Ozzy has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and apparently appeared on US television and spoke about it and to be honest he didn't sound to good.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Never Say Die album?
Personally I like side A better but Side B of the vinyl album loses direction somewhat I thought(?) also I bought the Never Say Die 45rpm single with A Hard Road on the B side in purple vinyl back in 1978 and I actually liked the B side more than the A side?.

A side Never Say Die: Johnny Blade: Juniors Eyes: Hard Road

B side Shock Wave: Air Dance: Over To You: Breakout: Swinging The Chain

From memory some 'jazz' is incorporated into either the track Over To You or Breakout?.

Last edited:

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Personally I like side A better but Side B of the vinyl album loses direction somewhat I thought(?) also I bought the Never Say Die 45rpm single with A Hard Road on the B side in purple vinyl back in 1978 and I actually liked the B side more than the A side?.

A side Never Say Die: Johnny Blade: Juniors Eyes: Hard Road

B side Shock Wave: Air Dance: Over To You: Breakout: Swinging The Chain

From memory some 'jazz' is incorporated into either the track Over To You or Breakout?.
Thanks E-Z I like the album but I know the band didn't that much or Ozzy didn't. I wanted to know what the fans think of it. Thanks for saying what you thoughts are.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Thanks E-Z I like the album but I know the band didn't that much or Ozzy didn't. I wanted to know what the fans think of it. Thanks for saying what you thoughts are.
It's probably considered a 'weak' album by Black Sabbath fans although as a 'heavy rock' album it's an ok listen but I rarely ever listen to it these days. As I said on side A on the vinyl record the first four songs are the best in my opinion. On side B Shock Wave is ok then it dips a bit for three songs that's when I kinda lose interest in listening although the last song Swinging The Chain ends on bit of a upwards finish I vaguely recall?.

I think Tony Iommi especially had a hard time trying to come up with ideas for the album without Ozzy's input that is why it isn't a 'classic' Black Sabbath album.

Last edited:

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
It's probably considered a 'weak' album by Black Sabbath fans although as a 'heavy rock' album it's an ok listen but I rarely ever listen to it these days. As I said on side A on the vinyl record the first four songs are the best in my opinion. On side B Shock Wave is ok then it dips a bit for three songs that's when I kinda lose interest in listening although the last song Swinging The Chain ends on bit of a upwards finish I vaguely recall?.

I think Tony Iommi especially had a hard time trying to come up with ideas for the album without Ozzy's input that is why it isn't a 'classic' Black Sabbath album.
I like the title track also. Bangs out when it starts :D

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online