Black Ice - Ac/dc

aerozep

Reaction score
If you haven't heard the new collection of music from AC/DC,then go out and buy it and you will think it came out right after BACK IN BLACK.
It is def HOT !!
I can't wait to see them live for the first time on the 12th at Madison Square
Garden in New York City.:grinthumb

and keep those model subways running..
watch the closing doors :D

Reaction score
ive heard most of it, haha, i couldnt get a ticket when then were comin to my city lol, sold out the first week they were on sale(even though a complete asshole musta priced them) it was the same price for any seat in a hockey arena lol, anyways, it sounds pretty good, just sounds like your same old acdc with brian johnson, ,nothin really too special i dont think, but its still pretty cool, a lot of older bands have been comin out with complte shit lately, i definately wanna hear queen's stuff with paul rodgers that should be really realy cool

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Hmm.....sorry to piss on this thread but "Black Ice" was nothing more to me than a disappointment. "Rock 'N Roll Train" was of course the first song I heard off the album and it's the only song on the album that even stands out to me, and that's with a poor excuse for a guitar solo too. I think AC/DC has just gotten incredibly lazy with their songwriting and albums ever since "The Razor's Edge" back in 1990. I can sort of see that the band tried to branch out a little with this album, with songs like "Stormy May Day" and "Rock N' Roll Dream" (with the latter probably being the closing thing to a ballad that AC/DC will ever write just for the first minute or so), but after doing the exact same thing for over 30 years expecting them to be able to do anything else is just foolishness. Without the AC/DC name on it I really REALLY doubt this album would've even gotten a second look. For me personally, one listen to this album was more than enough for me, though I gave it several more to see if it'd grow on me.....and it did not. Don't get me wrong, I love the AC/DC sound and formula but I think this album is proof that they are over the hill and resting on their hits by this point.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I liked Black Ice, but have to agree with Cosmic, there is nothing new from AC/DC on the album. If AC/DC would change their sound, though, they wouldn't be AC/DC, so in that respect I liked the album.......when I first heard it, I thought to myself, "wow some more AC/DC" :)

T_Dude

Reaction score
The album may be a song or two too long, but I still think its pretty strong. If they strayed too far away from their sound they'd probably be disowned by most of their fans.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I don't want AC/DC to change their sound, but what I would like for them to do is get back to their roots. Personally late 70's AC/DC is my favorite of their work and they've long since abandoned it because what they're doing now and since has been so much more commercially successful. I mean, listen to songs off "Let There Be Rock" and "Highway To Hell" and they're just so different from "Back In Black" and on. Tracks like "Whole Lotta Rosie", "Touch Too Much", "Walk All Over You", and of course both title tracks are (at least to me) better than AC/DC has done since from a songwriting, guitar solo, overall band sound, and vocal stance. Granted the latter is out of their hands now but still....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online