Best Album of 1983

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Easy for me. R.E.M. - Murmur.

Most excellent album from one of my all-time faves.

Zombeels

Reaction score
Yes - 90125

Attachments

• #99 Yes - 90125.jpg
    #99 Yes - 90125.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 135

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
2183.jpg

tom waits married a neat lady. she suggested, maybe he would enjoy incorporating more of the things he enjoyed into his own music. Thank you neat lady!

I had been buying Tom Waits records for years but THIS knocked me for a loop. All his strengths are on display but in a weird technicolor foreign film sort of way. It's show offy but it's real emotional too.
"never could stand that dog"

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
2183.jpg

tom waits married a neat lady. she suggested, maybe he would enjoy incorporating more of the things he enjoyed into his own music. Thank you neat lady!

I had been buying Tom Waits records for years but THIS knocked me for a loop. All his strengths are on display but in a weird technicolor foreign film sort of way. It's show offy but it's real emotional too.
"never could stand that dog"

To me, that's when Waits' stuff really took off. The piano lounge lizard era has its moments, but the later stuff is where it's at, IMHO.

Aginghipster

Reaction score
Catapult. Catapult! Catapult! Ooooooo we were little boys. Ooooooo we were little girls. It's 9 oclock dont try to turn it off. Cowered in a hole. Opie mouth busted. Did we miss anything? Did we miss anything?

Obviously REM- Murmur!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online