Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easily the best album of all time! :bow:

pink-floyd-the-wall-1979.png

Marbles

Reaction score
Interesting that the first nomination is an album that I, even as a Floyd fan, loathed, despised and detested in 1979 (and still do). An album of three rateable tracks and a load of Roger Waters self-indulgent nonsense (IMHO). After the early promise I also wasn't impressed with The Clash's "London Calling" either. I was massively disappointed by both albums at the time and they've never grown on me!

That said, it was an interesting year. Zeppelin's "In Through The Out Door" wasn't the band at its finest but retains an emotional connection, it being the last time that I'd see LZ live (Knebworth, October 11). Public Image Limited came up with something interesting with "Metal Box". Thin Lizzy gave us the excellent "Black Rose". Motorhead produced their last really great album with "Bomber", although it was a dip from "Overkill". Plus Molly Hatchet "Flirtin' With Disaster", Gillan "Mr. Universe" and the second Whitesnake album "Lovehunter".

Personally, I think that I'd probably go with Rainbow and "Down To Earth" as my favourite album of the year. A fairly good attempt at straddling the line between heavy rock and a commercial sound. Whoever foresaw Blackmore and Glover scoring a top 3 UK hit again? Their headline set at Monster of Rock 1980 was pretty cool too.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hated "The Wall" as a kid,I just didn't get it.

But as an adult,it makes perfect sense,I think it was written just for me.

Kickstart

Reaction score
7920d1379791236-clash-london-calling-london.jpg

Easiest decision of my life; greatest album ever done. It's not punk, it's not ska, it's not jazz, it's not reaggea. Its everything and nothing. No song sounds anything like another and yet every single song on this ****ing doublealbum is pure gold. Kind of baffles me every time how little recognition The Clash overall gets on this board

Last edited:

Britters

Feed Your Head
Reaction score
Pink Floyd- The Wall
Damn The Torpedoes- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Breakfast In America- Supertramp
Reggatta de Blanc- The Police
London Calling- The Clash

the ferret

Reaction score
My top five: