Axl 2 Hours late....STILL???

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nearly Unrecognizable Axl Rose Gives Lackluster Performance

by Joseph Brannigan Lynch

SOURCE LINK HERE

Axl Rose isn't looking anything like the lithe rock star he was at the height of his fame. When Guns N' Roses played at the Rock in Rio festival in Brazil this week, the 49-year-old sole original member cut a figure that was a far cry from the lean and mean body that made him a hard rock pin-up in the late '80s.

Picture-5-604x497.png

Garbed in a bulging yellow raincoat, Rose obscured his puffy face with sunglasses and a black hat. In response to an inquiry about his apparent weight gain, a rep for Rose said: "You are the first to mention this. If anything, it might be his time off from touring."

After coming onstage two hours late, the tardy Rose voiced his concerns to the audience about prancing around a rain-soaked stage, thereby excusing himself from too much physical exertion. "I'm going to try to focus on singing rather than running around like an idiot. I'm better at being an idiot. We want everybody to be careful." Contrary to his stated goal, Rose struggled to keep time with his backing band even more than he struggled to move around the stage. Although the singer treated fans to a variety of G 'N R classics, a lot of fans left the concert likely feeling stymied, having waited two hours in the rain just to watch Axl Rose turn in a slovenly performance.

Which is to say: His physique isn't the only thing that is unrecognizable from his early Guns days. As our own Daniel Kreps pointed out after viewing this clip from the Rock in Rio performance, his voice sounds "like our friends belting it out during a game of Guitar Hero 3."

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol nothing changes with Axl.
**** Axl and Guns n Roses now.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The weight thing is forgivable...but at 49 you think the going on stage 2 hour late deal would be LONG gone.

:pullhair:

I don't see a successful U.S. tour and only Axl himself can prove me wrong on that one. It's such a shame.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fans who keep going to his shows are a glutton for punishment, I doubt he will change his ways anytime soon. He used to do that stupid shit even in the 90s apparently.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One thing I can credit him for, the guy knows how to start riots :lmao:
The infamous one where he should have been the act to save the show after Hetfield's accident.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could always use the expression he is a riot.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online