Are there any new retro sounding bands that you enjoy ?

johndalyproject

Singer/Songwriter
Reaction score
:grinthumb
I'll definetly check these guys out, thanks man. (I can't do it right now since everyone in my house is asleep)

But seriously this thread brings up something that I've always wanted some input on. I have never personally heard a rock band that sounds like they literally could have come out in the sixties or seventies. There can be plenty of similarity and connections, but I see equally strong similarities between Nirvana & Led Zeppelin as I do for Silvertide & Led Zeppelin. For example I absolutely love Silvertide but they don't sound anything like a true sixties/seventies rock band. Their production style is totally current and they use a lot of tips & tricks from the modern scene.

So -- am I just underlistened and I haven't heard enough supposedly retro bands, or is there some substance to my argument? It's true that I have not heard that many retro rock bands, but so far I've seen people call bands retro when really they're about as retro as Audioslsave. I don't mean to sound like a ranter - there's nothing wrong with using modern production and all of that (I'm actually a HUGE fan of modern production styles!! Not to mention how much I love Silvertide) but are there any bands that really sound like they're from the classic rock era, no ifs ands or buts? If you heard any of their songs on the radio it wouldn't even cross your mind's subconcious that it's a modern song?

Uhh yeah and sorry for bringing down your thread, dude. Sorry!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Of course those that know me have heard me rant about these guys.. They do not want to be known as the NEW Led Zeppelin.
Jay Buchanan mentioned in a interview that he was raised on the blues of Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf. Just like Plant and Page were. So the roots of their blues rock sounds close to some of Zeppelins tunes..
But if you dig into their catalog you will see some differences. Lyrically the songs are great!! And as for the talent of the band.. YEP!! These guys are well qualified when it comes to having talent and know how to play..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.