Arch Enemy (Official Thread)

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
logo_archenemy.gif

Arch Enemy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Arch Enemy Official Website
YouTube - arch enemy

Not terribly keen on their last couple of albums, my personal favourite is Wages Of Sin. They do a great live show too :D

Arch_Enemy___Montreal_2006_by_HellPig.jpg

Discography Johan albums.
1996 Black Earth
Black+Earth+(1996).jpg

1998 Stigmata
Cover.jpg

1999 Burning Bridges
yyyUykbN6Qbn8CjDiHGXjLaJhlOHClwNdnnS4COJSIXdxKlpEQ.jpg

Angela Gossow albums.
2001 Wages of Sin
3295.jpg

2003 Anthems of Rebellion
anthems-rebellion-arch-enemy-cd-cover-art.jpg

2005 Doomsday Machine
Doomsday+Machine.jpg

2007 Rise Of The Tyrant
200x200ae_tyrant.jpg

2009 The Root of All Evil
root-all-evil-arch-enemy-cd-cover-art.jpg

2011 Khaos Legions
alb_3775912_big.jpg

Johan Liiva songs.

Angela Gossow songs.

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
Re: Arch Enemy

I prefer every other female fronted metal band to Arch Enemy (Otep blows - they don't count). It's not that they're bad, but Angela has limited tone and range in her vocals. It's an important factor in my personal judgment. The music as a whole comes second. It's repetitious in each song. Plus she's notorized for being a screaming chick while the underrated rest receive little to no attention for doing the samething twice as stronger and better. Just because others are overshadowed doesn't mean the band that isn't is more "this" or "that".

Thought I'd add my worthless opinion for the hell of it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Great to see a thread on them. I don't know if I can call Angela the best...but she is really good and probably my favorite female singer in this style. Bottom line for me? I'm an Arch Enemy fan because of the whole! They have great songs that are well written, dynamic, dark and catchy! Great guitar skills too.

I love Michael Amott's tone...the same warm tone that other Michael's have held before him. Shenker,Denner ect. That V direct in is still the coolest sound ever.

Arch+Enemy.jpg

Harkat

Reaction score

I personally, from what I have heard so far, found them very 'cookie cutter'. Angela is good but she has a very small vocal range.
Basically I found them very cookie cutter; play everything fast, hard and without change throughout the entire song.

When I acquired a couple of Arch Enemy's song's I also acquired Exist Trace. For me Exist Trace was just a better, more varied band than Arch Enemy. The song 'Judea' is a good example.

Hopefully you can prove me wrong

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Too bad Harkat....:wa

These guys (and gal) kick my ass sideways!! :heheh: :grinthumb

Love Amott's tone on Snow Bound here

A couple moodier tracks.

archenemy.jpg

Harkat

Reaction score

I will give them another listen when I get home ... sometime this year hopefully

Harkat

Reaction score

Yea! Thats more like it! :D

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

I love that DVD, I was going to go to that gig but couldn't afford it as I went to see Lacuna Coil and In Flames the week after :(

I agree with the comments about Angela's vocal range, on the last few albums it has been pretty limited, but not enough to stop me listening to it. Women like Linn Pedersen (Zeenon) and Tokiko Shimamoto (Shadow) have much better ranges where aggressive vocals are concerned, but I personally find Wages Of Sin to be Angela's best work.

Out of curiosity, have any of you listened to the male fronted Arch Enemy? (Angela Gossow replaced Johan Liiva, who did 3 albums with them.)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I have and do from time to time...but the band is much better as a whole with Angela IMHO :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online