Disturbed (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
disturbed-press-photo-2015-billboard-650.jpg

DISTURBED - IMMORTALIZED | OUT NOW
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disturbed_(band)

Genre - Nu Metal
Formed - 1994

Current Members
Dan Donegan — guitar, electronics, (1994–present), backing vocals (2015–present)
Mike Wengren — drums (1994–present)
David Draiman — lead vocals (1996–present)
John Moyer — bass, backing vocals (2003–present)

Discography
The Sickness (2000)
Believe (2002)
Ten Thousand Fists (2005)
Indestructible (2008)
Asylum (2010)
Immortalized (2015)

The Game

Prayer

Inside the Fire

The Vengeful One

Quite a fan of these guys who were a big part of the Nu Metal movement kicking off towards the early 2000s and even just before that. The Sickness and Immortalized are my two favourite albums by the band with the latter being top spot. I get that not everyone is a fan of the sub-genre but I quite enjoy what Nu Metal had to offer especially from Disturbed. Was a long wait between studio albums unless The Lost Children B-Sides compilation counts and for me it was worth it when Immortalized came out.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm not really a big fan of the whole nu-metal movement and I'm not a huge fan of the first two Disturbed albums, but "Ten Thousand Fists" is awesome and I like the following two as well. Haven't heard the latest one yet.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not really a big fan of the whole nu-metal movement and I'm not a huge fan of the first two Disturbed albums, but "Ten Thousand Fists" is awesome and I like the following two as well. Haven't heard the latest one yet.

Bands like Limp Bizkit and Slipknot I am no fan of from the movement. Ten Thousand Fists is underrated an album too.

Metal Health

Reaction score
I can't believe we didn't have a thread for these guys! I just discovered them a few days ago and I love them! They have a great sound and I'm really liking their vocalist.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Disturbeds version to Simon and Garfunkels "Sound of silence" has been getting a lot of attention.....got to say its pretty good :grinthumb

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Disturbeds version to Simon and Garfunkels "Sound of silence" has been getting a lot of attention.....got to say its pretty good :grinthumb

I haven't been in to this band so much. I do remember their great cover of Genesis' Land Of Confusion.

This
cover is simply mind blowing. A powerful song in it's original form has actually been done better.

The live on Conan version came up in my youtube list today. It's nearly acapella.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bands like Limp Bizkit and Slipknot I am no fan of from the movement. Ten Thousand Fists is underrated an album too.
Slipknot I've come around on recently but LB still not so much. I dug the newest Disturbed release though.

heavymetaljim

Reaction score
Man I loved their first album but after the sound was way too common I think. Still some great songs from here and there but the first album was a blast from start to finish.

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Man oh man Disturbed... I'm young (30), so maybe that's why, but Disturbed grew on me since I was a teenager in my angsty stages. I've seen them four times, twice in festival form. I really, really don't like nu-metal... But Disturbed and System of a Down are on me like flies on ****. I can't shake those bands for the life of me.

Anyway, David D. ... Like the man or not, his singing is emotive, in a deep way... And his voice is powerful. He's always been one of the main reasons why I enjoy the group.

Their first three albums The Sickness, Believe and Ten Thousand Fists have some quality material on them, really good stuff. But they drop off mostly (for me!) after that... But as heavymetaljim said, they have some good songs here and there. They usually do their covers justice too.

I need to listen to the newest one.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online