Anyone else interested in starting a CRF Record Club?

Aero

Reaction score
Review: Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain

I didn't know what to expect from this album since I've never heard of these guys before. However, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. Although some of the songs are a little too hard rockish for my style, I can still appreciate this kind of stuff when I'm in the mood. And of course, there are some songs on here which I could listen to every day.

Nantucket Sleighride is the best song on the album, nearly epic in fact. I really love the lead guitar in the middle mixed with the fast drumming and some very soulful singing.

The Animal Trainer and the Toad sounded very familiar...like I've heard it before a long time ago. At any rate, it sounds like good ol' Southern rock and also one of my favorites on the record.

An interesting listen this week and found some good music out of it.

Aero

Reaction score
My vote this week goes to The Turn Of A Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to suggest a hard rocking album from 2011.

Mr. Big - What If

Mr.+Big-What+If.png

Listen to the full album HERE

Mr. Big (which has Billy Sheehan on bass) is along the veins of Whitesnake and Racer X,....this album is excellent :)

Aero

Reaction score
I think we need to add a couple of rules to this little club so people take it a little more seriously.

1. You can only suggest an album if you've reviewed the previous week's album.
2. Your album can only win if you vote on another album in return.

Reviewing a record shouldn't feel like a homework assignment but if you're not going to fully participate, why are you here? Make the effort to listen to and review the other person's choice and maybe you'll be surprised and find a song or two that you like.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
1. 20/20 by Saga
2. The Grifter's Hymnal by Ray Wylie Hubbard
3. What If . . . by Mr Big

I've removed TOAFC and not added Tons of Sobs because they are old and added Grifter's Hymnal and What If. But, if my memory serves me correctly, voting ends today.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In that case, I vote for 20/20 by Saga. This will be fairly new material for me :)

Listen to the full album HERE

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online