Alestorm (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Running through their second album and loving the instrumental 'No Quarter'. Yarr Harr! :D

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
Love, love, loooooooove Alestorm. They brighten me up no matter what mood I'm in and have some genuinely good songs (Captain Morgan's Revenge, Keelhauled), and a nice amount of catchy basic yet fun numbers (Nancy the Tavern Wench, Drink). They have a new album out on Friday 01 August called Sunset of the Golden Age, which includes this delightful song:

They're also touring the UK and Ireland this autumn with Lagerstein, Redrum and Rainbowdragoneyes. Tempted to go to the Birmingham one.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Great, fun, band! My favourite track is "Death Throes of the Terrorsquid". From 4:16 and onwards where it turns black metal is simply amazing!

:bow::bow:

On a sidenote, they have a new album called "Sunset on the Golden Age" coming out soon!

dhou.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The cover art is great as usual for anything Alestorm puts out.:D

They definitely are a band that picks me up when I listen to their music, there is always room for bands that don't take themselves too seriously in my collection and Alestorm fits right in that niche.:hab:

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
They definitely are a band that picks me up when I listen to their music, there is always room for bands that don't take themselves too seriously in my collection and Alestorm fits right in that niche.:hab:

Indeed. It's wonderful to see them on stage with their own minibar in front of the drummer and the keyboardist knocking back a good few bottles of beer getting progressively more drunk :gig They also at the concert they filmed in Melbourne a year or two ago made the crowd split down the centre before ordering them to charge at each other before Captain Morgan's Revenge, so you just had a sea of drunk 20-something Aussies dressed up as pirates mock rioting with each other. Brilliant!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Indeed. It's wonderful to see them on stage with their own minibar in front of the drummer and the keyboardist knocking back a good few bottles of beer getting progressively more drunk :gig They also at the concert they filmed in Melbourne a year or two ago made the crowd split down the centre before ordering them to charge at each other before Captain Morgan's Revenge, so you just had a sea of drunk 20-something Aussies dressed up as pirates mock rioting with each other. Brilliant!

That sounds like a great show to me Matt. :cheers2

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
New Alestorm album dropping soon (May 26.).

No Grave But The Sea

1 No Grave But The Sea
2 Mexico
3 To the End of the World
4 Alestorm
5 Bar ünd Imbiss
6 ****ed with an Anchor
7 Pegleg Potion
8 Man the Pumps
9 Rage of the Pentahook
10 Treasure Island

61eV8lkPmDL._SS500.jpg

Love the artwork. Should be a fun album.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
New Alestorm album dropping soon (May 26.).

No Grave But The Sea

1 No Grave But The Sea
2 Mexico
3 To the End of the World
4 Alestorm
5 Bar ünd Imbiss
6 ****ed with an Anchor
7 Pegleg Potion
8 Man the Pumps
9 Rage of the Pentahook
10 Treasure Island

61eV8lkPmDL._SS500.jpg

Love the artwork. Should be a fun album.

well my left bootstraps until reading these post know absolutely nothing about them argh!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online