Alestorm (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Alestorm+%2528os+caras%2529.jpg

Alestorm is a folk/power metal band from Perth, Scotland. They have a pirate theme in their music and as a result have been dubbed a "Pirate metal" band on some websites.

The band formed under the name Battleheart in 2004. After releasing two EPs, they were signed by Napalm Records in 2007 and renamed themselves Alestorm Their debut album was released on January 25, 2008. The band are currently writing and recording their third album, Back Through Time, which is due to be released in May 2011.

I find this band to be heavy witha folky undertone, I am getting used to the vocals as I listen to their music which is different to other metal bands. I will let you decide for yourselves, I apologise if there is another thread on here.

http://www.alestorm.net/p/band.html

Great album cover :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Alestorm

That's what I thought, I may purchase their albums I think, it was Cal that brought them to my attention but they sound oretty good to me, not just heavy, a bit of both :)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^^ Yeah I was just earwigging when Sox was playing them & I like what I heard :)
Have you seen them live Sweaty?

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Not yet but I will be looking out for them for sure, another set of albums to buy, again !!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have two of Alestorms albums, they are a great swashbuckling ale soaked cruise on a pirate ship.

Two thumbs up.

I could easily picture Cap'n Sweaty as this character.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online