Aerosmith (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Official Aerosmith Thread

Jackson, Lopez, and Tyler as judges......would be interesting just to watch the judges!

:heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Oh lord....American Idol is circling the drain and I doubt Steven Tyler being on the judges panel isn't going to help that show at all. Steven as a singer doesn't even sound anywhere near as "pretty" as everyone on that show anyway so I can't help but wonder how that would play out with him critiquing them. Its kind of like when they had Slash on the show last season (or maybe the one before that, I don't follow it enough to know) to help the contestants when he's a guitarist and it's a singing competition.

As much I love Ellen at least they're going with someone who actually sings this time though.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

AEROSMITH's PERRY: I Found Out About TYLER's Possible 'American Idol' Gig Via Internet - Aug. 4, 2010
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry told BostonHerald.com that he learned about frontman Steven Tyler's alleged gig as a new judge on Fox's "American Idol" on the web.

"I found out on the Internet like the rest of the world," he said.

On Saturday night (July 31) while in Las Vegas, Tyler was caught by TMZ's cameras as saying, "I'm probably going to be a judge on "American Idol". I'm doing it. What do you think? I'm doing it."

Perry told BostonHerald.com, "There was an AEROSMITH afterparty at Studio 54 after the Vegas show — which none of us in the band knew anything about — and he said some stuff there. I mean, this is no small thing."

Perry said he confronted Steven in his dressing room before the band's show Saturday night at the MGM Grand about the "American Idol" rumors. Tyler said he was instructed not to discuss it, said Perry.

"I mean, after working with me for 40 years, he couldn't tell me about this," Perry told BostonHerald.com. "Why so secretive? We're told it's a done deal. If Steven is committed to a TV show, that kind of affects the rest of us. We'd like to plan our lives, ya know?"

Tyler said that he was up for being on "American Idol". Billboard reported that during a morning radio interview on Monday (August 2), Tyler revealed, "This beautiful girl from Fox came up to me and made an offer. I honored her offer. . . and it's just a work in progress. They mentioned it and I listened, and we're on tour, so I gotta give it some time."

When pressed as to what type of judge Tyler believes he would be, he said, "I would be honest to the ones that think they have it, and I would be truthful in the sense that if, to those that have it, they don't have it yet enough. And I would tell them exactly why, as I see it."

Among the other stars shortlisted to replace Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres — and possibly Kara DioGuardi — are Jennifer Lopez, Chris Isaak, and Jessica Simpson, among others. Fox has yet to make any public statement on who might be among the new judges for next season.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Hummmm.....now I am curious to see if Tyler really will be on Idol....or if this is just more "toxic" twin publicity.......

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Dream On is a very inspiring song. It has always inspired me.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Joe Perry hipchecks Steven Tyler off the stage.

blabbermouth.com

JOE PERRY 'Hip-Checks' STEVEN TYLER Off Stage; Video Available - Aug. 18, 2010
According to Brad Wheeler of The Globe And Mail, AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler was pushed by guitarist Joe Perry off a catwalk and into the crowd during the band's Tuesday night (August 17) concert at Toronto, Ontario, Canada's Air Canada Centre. Wheeler writes in his review of the show, "The incident occurred early in the hit-laden performance, during 'Love In An Elevator'. Tyler had lightly hip-checked Perry, who, after completing his guitar lick, looked over his shoulder before backing into the unsuspecting frontman. Tyler, 62, briefly teetered on the edge of the protruding walkway before falling into the throng. Eventually, with help from Perry, Tyler climbed back on the stage."

Video footage of the incident can be viewed below. It is also available at TMZ.com.

Last August Tyler fell from a stage in Sturgis, South Dakota, leading to the cancellation of a tour and rumors that the long-sober rocker was off the wagon again.

Tyler later announced that he was taking two years off to pursue a solo career, with the rest of AEROSMITH responding that they would not sit around and wait for him to return. Tyler threatened to sue.

The singer eventually relented, saying he wanted to stay in AEROSMITH and entering a 90-day rehab to battle an addiction to painkillers.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Joe Perry hipchecks Steven Tyler off the stage.

Steven Tyler just can't stay on the stage these days it seems. :bonk:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Here we go again.....

Steven Tyler hits Joe Perry in the head with mic stand.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

Saw this quip on a website

"Coming soon: Perry, with bandaged forehead, rams the neck of his guitar up Tyler’s (Rest of sentence censored – Ed.)"

:oyea:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

threestoogesvolumeone005.gif

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.