Aerosmith (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Official Aerosmith Thread

I really dig Aerosmith...too bad the band gets rubbed in my nose every where i GO., I can not believe another compilation hits package came out. Good Gawd. This is like 10 compilations in so many years. It sux.

They are becoming the media band I love to hatE.

Edit to add: I know this will make some peeps upset..but a sell out is a sell out.

I have to agree, kinda! Aerosmith isn't the only band jumping on the "compilation" and "box set" band wagon, though. Pink Floyd, Rush, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles (which has the most compilations of any band), and many others have numerous compilations and box sets.........

I dont think this makes Aerosmith a sell out, but it is just another way to make money. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
CRF's pics for the top 5 Aerosmith albums according to the poll:

1. Rocks 27 votes 77.14%
2. Toys in the Attic 26 votes 74.29%
3. Aerosmith 17 votes 48.57%
4. Get Your Wings 15 votes 42.86%
5. Pump 10 votes 28.57%

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
That turned out about as suspected. I expected "Toys..." to beat out "Rocks" though.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Joe Perry, seriously under rated guitarist in my book.

I have one of Joe's solo albums "Have Guitar, Will Travel" and I like this album.

Wooden Ships (an instrumental)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
^Perry is a throwback to the "less is more" approach to guitar playing. He also lets Whitford play solos in their sets while he drops back to play rhythm. Perry definitely Lets The Music Do The Talking.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've notice that people think later Aerosmith nothing but songs like "Pink" and "Jaded" but this is a way ballsier song than people give it credit for if you ask me. "Crash" absolutely cooks! :grinthumb

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I have one of Joe's solo albums "Have Guitar, Will Travel" and I like this album.

HaveGuitarWillTravel_small.gif

Wooden Ships (an instrumental)

I've got 4 'solo' albums including that one. The Joe Perry Project albums [of which I'm missing one - haven't got Once a Rocker Always a Rocker] are monumentally awesome pieces of work. If you can pick them up, I highly recommend them. His 2005 solo album "Joe Perry" is excellent too.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I know old school Aerosmith fans will hate me for this but this is honestly one of my favorite Aerosmith songs...

I grew up to "Get A Grip". What can I say? It's special to me. :flirt

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online